Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Transfers Away sometimes seem impossible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone else notice it is often next to impossible to transfer non-com/net extensions away from many of the 2nd tier registrars? By 2nd tier I mean ones smaller than places like GoDaddy, Tucows and Enom for example.

In the past the com and net transfers were also tough to transfer but now com and net are very easy at most firms. However, with other extensions transfer auth codes are required. Those auth codes are very difficult to get (not often available in the control panels and emails are ignored) and even if you get them they often are wrong and transfers fail anyway.

Org is the most troublesome for me. My complaints to PIR fall on deaf ears. For example, all 3 Org auth codes given to me both on the phone and via email from Namescout were bad and the transfers failed again today (and also failed last month and the month before too).

This seems to happen most all the time with many places I am stuck with thanks to either pool.com or a push of names I bought here. It is far better for management and tracking to have all your domains at one good registrar so I am determined to do that eventually.

Must have about 20 of these registrars who make it so hard to transfer away. Some days I spend hrs working on the transfers and most end-up failing. This is incredibly annoying and time consuming and becomes a bigger and bigger aggravation and time-waster every week.

Makes me feel like suing those registars in small claims court if it was possible to do so. Do others here deal with this transfer away BS, any solution to the problem?

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was lucky, had no problems at all transfering a .org from Namescout to Godaddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom