Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Transfers from Name Cheap to take advantage of SedoMLS program

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieC

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I have been away for a number of years and just recently got back into domains although I have kept some of my older domains and renewed them when they ware due.I am trying to take a better approach and manage my domains better this time around.

All of my domains are registered with Namecheap, I am very happy with the service I receive there however trying to be practical and trying to market my domains where they will get the maximum exposure to potential buyers. I have had a Sedo account for a number of years and have started back by parking some domains with Sedo.

I would like to take advantage of the SedoMLS program with regards to exposing my domains and as Namecheap do not seem to be participating I am wondering what registrars are being used that have both security and customer service kudos. I do plan on registering any new domains with one of the registers that are accepted by SedoMLS possibly one that can accept my Transfers out of NC to keep all tidy and under control.

Any input or advice would be appreciated.

Charlie

Domain summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say Dynadot, but I don't care much about MLS personally.

When buyers look for a domain and find one that they like, they don't check if the domain is enabled for MLS. They just look at the options available to buy it.
MLS is just about integration between Sedo and the registrars. It's true, your domains might show up in suggestions at the registrars, but in my experience exposure doesn't help when nobody wants your domains. They need to be good enough, and then there is a good chance the end users will find you.

We receive a lot of lowball offers ($60) at Sedo through Nodaddy, but Nodaddy has no implemented MLS fully and the resulting set-up is confusing.
Don't know about the other registrars. Also, MLS applies to BIN sales only.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
enom.com

but sedo is always adding more registrars to the mix

CharlieC

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Katherine and Biggie,
Its been an interesting couple of weeks trying to get around some basics again, I have been spending most of my free time trying to get a little more educated with the industry and some of the changes and improvements that came about while I was not active. Here I was getting hung up with MLS and did not realise its only for BIN's. I wont rush into that area at all :)

Thanks for your input and suggestions.

Charlie

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CharlieC, but if you're happy with Namecheap then why move all domains out of there just so that your names will be listed on SedoMLS ? You can give ALL your domains to Sedo manually (add them on your Sedo acct, Sedo could not care less what registrar they're regged with) and the option to participate in SedoMLS is built in, in fact many here have asked how to turn off the Add to MLS option off on Sedo, the default is on (some people choose to list with Sedo but not w/its partners)

Namecheap doesn't participate but Enom and Dynadot do apparently. But the marketplaces on Enom or Dynadot (or on Namecheap) are limited compared to SnapNames, GoDaddy, Afternic so..... shouldn't we be concentrating on marketplaces instead of registrars ? You want to use SedoMLS. They have Afternic as a partner for instance so whatever names you give to Sedo will appear on Afternic (Afternic was just bought by MoDaddy as you may know, this changes some things...) And although YoDaddy does not participate in the MLS system as of the last time I checked, they do have an agreement with Sedo, so any names you give to Sedo will be listed on NoDaddy too (that unless you had already listed them with GD before but it doesn't sound like that's your case)

So when you guys say Dynadot and Enom participate in the MLS and are also Sedo partners, you must be referring to the fact that if you list any domains for sale on Enom's or Dynadot's own marketplaces (within the registrars) then they appear on SedoMLS too. But if you have not listed your domains for sale with marketplaces within a registrar your domains will not be exposed to the MLS from what I know. I'm not clear if you think (CharlieC) that all names with X registrar will appear on the MLS if that registrar is a partner, if so then I believe you're mistaken. As I understand no one gets his names listed on the MLS just because they are with a registrar which is a partner, it only happens if you have them listed for sale with those smaller marketplaces within the registrars.

Once you give your domains to Sedo they will appear on No Daddy Auctions (that's the name of the marketplace they have, it doesn't mean those domains all go to auction btw) because of that deal between them, but it also works for Offer/Counteroffer, not just for BINs, so I'm not sure why katherine wrote that. It does not work for auctions, though. If someone on GD or Afternic sees a listing that originated at Sedo they can either buy (if there's a BIN) or make an offer. But afaik you still cannot begin an auction because Sedo will just not allow it (Sedo customers get notice an offer was made and they respond from their own Sedo acct) I do receive offers in my Sedo acct for items listed as O-C/O on YoDaddy all the time, I try to avoid BIN listings. So the correct way to view this IMHO is look at marketplaces and not individual registrars, where the names are regged simply does not matter. Good luck !

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

CharlieC

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Angel69
Thank you for taking the time to respond in detail to my post, its a real education learning about MLS :) I was thinking that if I list domains for sale on X register that they would be promoted on other MLS sites etc, thank you or the breakdown and detail.

Cheers,

Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators