Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Trouble with this domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think I'll have problems with this domain: hondamotorcycles.net ? I may not want to put a lot of work into developing a website if I'm going to lose the domain. I guess maybe I should just contact them and ask.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That one has TM issues written all over it.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You bet it can have TM problems. But how are you going to use it?

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup ideal TM violation. good luck!

AVC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was going to put up a site that list the Honda bikes from the beginning (1959) to present along with a forum and bikes for sale etc. The start of it is there now if you go to the site.

I tried to find contact info for Honda motor co on their site but couldn't. I think I'll keep trying until I find a contact and just ask them. They will probably tell me to take it down but at least I'll know instead of just waiting for them to find the site.

Who knows, maybe they will think it's a cool idea and let me continue. There have been websites around for years like hondaaccord.com and hondaprelude.com etc and Honda has not bothered them and they contain the word "Honda". I wonder if that gives me any legal standing to keep my site up? Not that I could or would fight them over it, just makes me wonder. Motorcycles is a generic term, as is "accord" or "prelude" but put the two together and maybe that is too much. I guess I'll find out one way or another.

I talked to the guy who has hondaprelude.com. According to him he had to take the site down because he couldn't afford the bandwidth. He had a forum up and was getting a million page views per month or so he claimed. I then sent him another email with an offer to buy or take over the site but his mail box was full. He still owns the domain and has it up but nothing is there except a stupid photo. It has been over a yr now so putting the forum back up would be starting from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom