Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

"Truly Unlimited" - Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So I'm thinking of replacing my old phone, but have been hesitant due to all the new phones available with my carrier (T-Mobile) now require you to sync your data online in one way or another. No direct syncing, except with a blackberry, which I loathe. And I have no desire to be forced to put all my business information online in a gmail account. Yes, even the new Windoze phone does not directly sync with outlook (have to use hotmail). Perhaps MS forgot about that little program they have called OUTLOOK. Typical nonexistent Microsoft logic. Also not thrilled with ATT taking over Tmobile soon.

Anyway, I noticed that companionlink has the ability to directly sync an android with outlook, which would solve that problem at least.

So I start looking at plans before I renew my contract to get the phone cheap. T-Mobile offers what they are calling a "Truly Unlimited" plan.

Then you read the fine print:

Includes 2 GB of full-speed data.
Stay connected with no overages.
New 2-yr. agmt req’d. Plus taxes/fees

http://deals.t-mobile.com/plans?cm_mmc_o=wFzbkCjCm2RRVCjCZwyBf0fCjCI999AEkbFbfwp

Typical bullshit...

Last edited:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most wireless companies do this because in the beginning people started to run FTP and web servers (and some torrent servers) of of their mobile phones.

General rule - always read the fine print, for the most part there is no such thing as truly unlimited, especially with data plans.

BTW - the AT&T / T-Mo merger has not been approved yet by the FCC & FTC and there are others interested.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Buy an unlocked/retail phone from e.g. Amazon. It's a business expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom