Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Trustworthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im about to buy a name from a user on Sedo. There are many unique hits (parked with sedo affiliate links) that are well worth more than what he/she is selling the name for. Isnt that strange? maybe the person doesnt know?

So when there are unique hit stats on Sedo, can it be trusted?

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Often just listing a domain for sale can bring unique hits (from people interested in the domain). Of course they have no value and won't last. It's possible you found a great bargain, but it's often not the case. If a person knows enough to even be using Sedo, they would, almost by definition, know the true value of a domain and it's traffic.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your advice.
Interestingly, the domain name is very similar to a company. not exact, but close. And the unique hits are like 4000 every month! Maybe something happened to this person. moved or forgot his password!? I dont know. Im seriously thinking to buy it, but not for sure if the stats are trustworthy on sedo. Im sure that I can pay off the domain in six months if i buy it from this person.

kengreenwood

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to unique hits to the parked site or the unique views of the Sedo listing? If you are referring to the unique hits to the parked site, then I disagree with Duckinla because those hits are legitimate. Surfers are hitting that site for reasons other than it being listed for sale. On the other hand, if you are referring to the unique hits to the Sedo listing then I agree with Duckinla in that those hits are from domainers just poking around looking for domains.

In summary: if unique hits to the parked site are high...good domain name... if unique hits to the parked site are low, even though there may be a bunch of hits to the Sedo for sale listing... domain probably is not so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom