Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Truth.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has followed the truth.com commercials that started a while back about smoking, but when they started out, truth.com was thier website. Ealier this year, I noticed that they started using affect-truth.com as thier domain, and now they are using thetruth.com.

Now here is my query........ Were they sued by a hardware store for the domain or did they just sell it for a good price? I tried looking it up myself and got nowhere. Maybe I just missed something. But right now, truth.com goes to Truth Hardware while thetruth.com (which is using "truth" as a TM as covered in another thread) in now thier main domain.

If anyone has information on this, I would appreciate it. There is no big deal with this, just curiosity, but I don't feel like killing a cat :)

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you sure?

I think your memory is failing you. I remember them being infect-truth.com or something like that and never truth.com. Truth Hardware has owned Truth.com since 1993, so the TV commercials couldn't been referring to truth.com.
--
Dan Norder - Savanna.com, FineGold.com, etc.
High profile and niche domain names for sale

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know I've seen "Truth.com" in their commercials before, but I did notice a while ago they started advertising a different one. I haven't seen any commercials lately, then again, I haven't watched much tv. :D

RMF

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Name Poppers site says that Truth Hardware were using it in April 1999.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sure they used it. The commercials first aired during the Superbowl several years ago and I went and checked it out at that time. The previous infect-truth.com is redirected to thetruth.com. I had mistakenly stated affect previously, my bad.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Archive.org shows Truth.com being used since for a website since 1996. It also shows copies of the site during every year since. At no point was it ever used for an anti-smoking site.

I appreciate that two of you think you remember the anti-smoking commercials listing truth.com instead of infect-truth.com or whatever, but I can't see how that would have ever been possible. There's no change of ownership in the name since 1993 and a web site was actively promoting hardware at that name for at least the last 6 years.

If nothing else this proves that root words in .com are a lot easier to remember than multiple words, hyphens, .orgs or whatever it was before infect-truth.com (if there even was anything before that) that you are misremembering.

--
Dan Norder - Savanna.com, FineGold.com, etc.
High profile and niche domain names for sale

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They who?

Watchatalkin'aboutLewis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom