Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Trying to reach a .ca owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to reach the owner of snowglobes.ca to see if there is any interest in selling the name. I am willing to make a very decent offer.

I have used CIRA's online message form and even say in it, "please just let me know that you are not interested, so I don't bother you".

I have never heard back and I don't believe they are getting the message. I wish I had checked on this before everything went private.

Is there any way to find out?

Thanks.

Domain Days 2024

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Is it a coincidence that the domain was updated today ? (based on who.is)...hmmm...I am guessing the guy you are contacting knows you and does not want to get into a discussion..

One other thing, the domain forwards to promotionaldistributor.com

The owner of that domain is in the US. Could it be the same person or the owner of snowglobes could just be forwarding to a random domain....

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No. He/she renewed today, I was watching and hoping it was going to TBR, but when he renewed I thought I would try posting here.

I am not looking for a discussion, just an acknowledgement that my message through CIRA was received by the owner. I don't expect much, I completely understand the privacy, but I don't have much faith in the CIRA message delivery system. It looks like it is too easy to miss the message, ignore, etc.

Is it a coincidence that the domain was updated today ? (based on who.is)...hmmm...I am guessing the guy you are contacting knows you and does not want to get into a discussion..

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I have never had an issue with CIRA message system, either receiving or sending. But you are right, the cira email can be easily missed, and you have to know to open up the attachments etc.

But I do intentionally ignore some messages from users....no point in acknowledging certain emails.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe the owner isn't Canadian and wants to stay anonymous?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe Whitebark is correct, some quick research shows it could be owned by a gentleman in Florida.

-=DCG=-

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At archive.org it gives a little info for 2007. its contact us tab gives an american phone number. Everything I see points to it being american owned. It's possible they have canadian presence but I'm sure the cost of keeping canadian presence is more than what they're earning by having it forwarded like it is now, and how it was before. So they either have several domains to make it worth the cost, or they're flying under the radar without proper credentials.

Rebel.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
contact CIRA to request a RIV (Registrant Information Validation) they will check the current registrant data to confirm presence is met. I agree it looks as though the current owner does not meet the requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom