Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

tsunami 'wave rat'

Status
Not open for further replies.

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Riiiiight...he was trying to raise money for what?

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But he wasn't trying to profit from it?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Why is the article so focused on the guy who tried to sell the domain? After all, he bought it from the original registrant, a lady named Michelle Tirado whom I have often seen listed under various domains. Since she is a journalist, she was probably pissed off that her donation (an initial $99 sale) became a whopping $50k potential sale by the new owner.

Before you jump in to defend miss Michelle, check out the contact info of AdultPics.us http://www.coolwhois.com/d/adultpics.us

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL. You should tell that to the tabloids. Might get you a whole interview.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Firstly the journalist was trying to profit from the disaster.....by registering the name.

Secondly ...... she gave the name away as a donation... which in a way was good

I agree with radistar... that in a way when she suddenly realised that the name was listed for a hugeeee amount, then there was a reversal in her charitable instincts........

If the guy was trying to profit from the name by selling it on ebay.....then it sucks.......if he indeed was trying to raise more money to help......then......we dont know?

Another case of "he said" "she said"

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
freestyler said:
Another case of "he said" "she said"

All over the media. I wouldn't want to be either one of them.

guile

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is one thing to speculate on a profitable domain, but it is another to attempt to exploit the misfortune of others for self-gain...That type of thing just pisses me off.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Togoodhlth said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=5742021431
Yeah this one really pissed me off when i originally saw it.
Scumbag!

I received this reply:

I am terribly sorry that you feel this way. I can assure you that I am not seeking to profit from the horrible misfortune of others. I am not asking for a large sum of money for someone to take over the website that I started. Just enough to cover my expense. If you had bothered to visit the site, you will also see that I do not seek any donations for my own use, I simply refer and promote what I believe to be worthwhile and legitimate charities.

I happen to know that most charities are born of greed and not the desire to help. This is why most charities only disperse less than 10% to the target causes and the rest is consumed by "administrative fees".... which are usually the exorbant amount that lines the pockets of those running the charities. That is very sad and unfortunate. If people give to the right charities, then more money will make it to the actual cause it was intended for.

Nonetheless, I do understand your anger with my auction especuially after hearing the news of scam artists looking to turn a quick buck over this distaster as many did following 9/11 and many other disasters.... that is completely terrible and is also what I wish to weed out with this website.

Sincerely,
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom