Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Tucows - Any humans working there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, I have a handful of domains expiring and try to renew through the Tucows reseller I originally secured them from. The domains cannot be automatically renewed from the opensrs.manage system. This is where it gets fun...

I call the support number for the reseller and ask them to renew the domains. I am told the reseller has been sold so I have to manually update. Well, I cant manually update and since it was less than ten days from expiration I have to contact the registrar - which in this case is Tucows.

Has anyone here ever spoken to someone from Tucows?

Three emails and two phone calls later and I still cant get a human response. The emails were sent over a one-week period. The two phone calls were very pleasant; the first automated voice wouldnt accept my input and disconnected me. The second time I got through all the chaff to have the phone ring about 20 times with no answer. Perhaps there was a major disaster in Toronto. You guys ok up there?

Brilliant.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, I think the place is actually run by TWO COWS and they only speak French.

Seriously, that's why I stopped "trying" to work with them long ago.

I hope they weren't GREAT domains, because you just might find yourself trying to drop catch them.

Good luck (and I mean that!)

GoPC

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, I think the place is actually run by TWO COWS and they only speak French.

What a silly answer ..... Two Cows !!!!

Everyone knows 2 cows would do a better job .... even french ones !

I too wish you the very best ...... been there ... gave up !

cooljeba

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What a silly answer ..... Two Cows !!!!

Everyone knows 2 cows would do a better job .... even french ones !

I too wish you the very best ...... been there ... gave up !

lol...

Never knew tucows are registrar too I thought they were just d/l site..

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never have trouble reaching someone at Tucows. Try http://domainhelp.tucows.com/ to get the contact info of the new reseller. Or, alternatively, just transfer to another Tucows reseller (if the domain is unlocked), e.g. www.domaindirect.com

D

Deleted member 5660

They are a "wholesaler" sort of. They only deal with the resellers and not the end users. If you can't get hold of the reseller contact the compliance office. You can also renew through any Tucows reseller as long as you can unlock the domains and the admin contact approves the transfer to another Tucows reseller.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Their CEO is out buying web 2.0 sites on ebay :)

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had previously sold some domains to someone who insisted on transferring the domains to his hosting provider who happened to be a tucows reseller.

Alot of end users think that the domain has to be with the same company who hosts their website and alot of them seem to be resellers for tucows.

I was unable to convince the buyer to get the domains pushed into a new/free account at my registrar and simply change the nameservers to point to his website.

In the end, the transfer was quite the hassel, involving several emails, a fax, two fees, and over two weeks for the process to be completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom