Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Tucows Auction Rant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I decided to check out tucows new auction options.

I first experience less than desired search tool. I could explain but give it a try and see for yourself.

I finally found a name I liked, signed up and baam ERROR! After error after error after error. Didnt matter how many times or on different computers, emails etc it was one big ERROR. And for no reason I could see at all.
( btw the name went for $60, I was pissed )

Now I figure hey Ill try changing my password to see if that was the issue and received an email, clicked the link and guess what, after filling out the info..ERROR

At this point I was pulling out my hair, so I clicked the " HELP " link, suprise NOTHING! No email, no phone number, nothing.

It was curious to read the winning bidder has 10 days to pay or it is RE auctioned. Re auctioned? They can do this over and over, what is the rules associated with this ?

Ok I feel better, I am sure many others have been through this and at this time only 15 bids in total over all! VERY low. New or not, these big companies need to get their act together. They have had literally years to make this work. I remember 2004 announcements. Im pissed

It has come to my attention enom will be similar in that the owner has up to 40 days to renew? It's a " pre drop ". Unreal. It just dawned on me, what would stop someone who lost an auction from later contacting the owner who has ability to renew still and just offering more? So realisticly the auction put a finality to nothing. Or the owner just having a laugh and jacking up the price figuring if they win oh well they'll just renew. I mean the flaws are endless. More and more it seems like greed to me on the auction companis part

Domain Days 2024

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This one is a joke. Picked up some nice domains only to find them renewed by the owner. Had to pay $60 in wire transfer fees for one - what a waste. You have to sit tight and pray for 40 days before the name is yours.

Crappy search engine so you have to trawl page by page through the names to find decent ones.

Apparently the auction proceeds get offered to the registrant.

Stay clear!

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chappy said:
This one is a joke. Picked up some nice domains only to find them renewed by the owner. Had to pay $60 in wire transfer fees for one - what a waste. You have to sit tight and pray for 40 days before the name is yours.

Crappy search engine so you have to trawl page by page through the names to find decent ones.

Apparently the auction proceeds get offered to the registrant.

Stay clear!

Where do you find their auction service? I'm a reseller and had no idea it was live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom