Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

tucows dropcatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

rin

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i'm new to this.
There's a domain i'm interested in. I want to hang on and see if the owner doesnt renew - in the whois, it says:
Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Who do i register a backorder with - with Twocows themselves? or do they have a different dropcatcher?

and if i'm registered with their dropcatcher, do i also need to register backorders with other companies - the 'biggies'?
thanks.

col

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As far as I know they don't have any exclusive deal with any drop catchers. I guess the best thing would be to backorder it at the large places like Snapnames, Pool and Enom.

galileo5

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello. I have a similar question, as I'm new as well.

There is a domain that already expired on April 14. The registrar is TUCOWS.

I was planning on bidding on this domain through TUCOWS, but according to its rules (http://resellers.tucows.com/documentation/domainauction/enduser/about_bidding_on_a_domain.htm), the auction period ends 36 to 38 days after expiry. That period has obviously ended.

What do I do now? How would I know if someone had attempted to bid on this domain? I also understand that the registry drops the domain after 70 to 75 days after expiry.

I was under the impression that you bid on the domain after the 70- to 75-day period, but apparently that's not the case.

My final question is this: Let's say nobody bid on this domain, how can I still get it?

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom