Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TucowsActions Support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just recently participated and won 4 domains at TucowsAuctions. Does anyone have any idea what is supposed to happen next after payment? There is no explanation on their website. They have no contact information either. Does anyone have any idea how to contact their support? Both [email protected] and [email protected] bounced. This is all looking like a bad joke.

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You wait 40 days and hope the original owner does not renew in that time. After that they give you the name.

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Waiting 40 days is already a joke when they charge you upfront. Can you use the domain in the meantime? If not, then why do they ask for your dns when you register? Do you have an email address for support? billing? I think this is probably the first and last time I bother with them.

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the meantime the domain will resolve at the servers you specified in your 'preferences'.

Support at [email protected]

I stopped dealing with them a long time ago!

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well all 4 domains are not resolving to the servers I specified.

Thanks for the email. I'll try that one.

They've only just started this auction house in Feb, afaik, and here's 2 unsatisfied customers already. Why did you stop dealing with them?

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stu said:
I just recently participated and won 4 domains at TucowsAuctions. Does anyone have any idea what is supposed to happen next after payment? There is no explanation on their website. They have no contact information either. Does anyone have any idea how to contact their support? Both [email protected] and [email protected] bounced. This is all looking like a bad joke.

You wait about 40 days until the RGP is over. Then the domain is placed in an account with whatever TuCows reseller you won the auction at. If you won it at tucowsauctions.com you are dealing with TuCows directly, so your domain will probablly be placed in an account for you at Tucows' own retail site domaindirect.com.

If you had won the domain at another TuCows reseller site than the domain will be placed in an account with that reseller.

Remember its a BETA service, so there is obviously NO official customer support.

There is only an email address for resellers to provide feedback to ([email protected]) and if you have a real problem you could try to get in contact with the reseller support department at tucows.

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Chappy:
OK. I got a reply from the email you suggested [email protected]. They told me it's a 60 day wait. They pointed me to a link on their site for more info, but I know I've been to that link with nothing there. Maybe they fixed that. I haven't taken a look yet.

Namejet:
I went to their auction site directly, not thru a reseller. I'm not a reseller either. I didn't see any notice about the service being in beta on their site, although it obviously was the case, since I couldn't find any help or process description on their site, the last time I looked (about 10 days ago).

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a "help" link with all the info. It's not very clear though!
The help says:

Day -32 Domain Auction starts
Day -81 Winning Auction domain name is released from escrow to the winning auction Registrant

So I make it 49 days!

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just asked them why the 4 domains I won at auction were not resolving to the dns I supplied on signup. Here's the answer I got from support...

The DNS information is changed when the domain ownership is changed at day -100

100 DAYS? What the !@#$%^& is that? Perhaps you could quote from their website what timetable of days is and what it means. I'm having a real problem finding any of that in their help. First they say 60 days and now they say 100 days. Jeez! Last time I bid for anything here.

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The auction starts at day -40, so add 60 to get -100 ! See the 'help' option.

The ones I won a while back were set to my DNS right away. Maybe they changed the policy...

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK Chappy. Thanks. I'll ask them about that.

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Chappy said:
In the meantime the domain will resolve at the servers you specified in your 'preferences'

I queried that with their support. This is what they said...

Some domains in the early stages were getting their DNS changed on the auction close date. This was never intended to happen and was fixed very shortly after that to not be changed.

So, it's clear. You have to wait the 60 days.

I still couldn't find the timetable in the help (what section is it in?), but I requested they explain it to me by email. Which they've done.

nonstop

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any update on this? if my memory is correct, their auctions have launched on about March 10. So I think Tucows should give initial winners their domains on today or tomorrow.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got my first domain on 04/28/2006.
Others started before I did...

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah - got some domains too. Shame they're all at Domain Direct which is terrible...

nonstop

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was greatly relieved.

No releases for 60 days from the end of auctions. And then no transfers out for 60 days...That's almost a joke. :suspicious:

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can actually transfer them out right away.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... I can't find any of my domains.
I have the login and password but don't have the control panel's address.
Can anyone familiar with tucows help me?

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go to domaindirect.com - click on my account and enter your domain and password.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried that and doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom