Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Turkey Hacker Steels Domain Portfolio's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohankkrish

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This hapened to in the month of March, when i came back from Europe.

My Hotmail ID & Gmail ID was hacked. The turkish hacker, got the info of all my main domain account which would be nealy 50k. he changed all the whois information on domains. I had 60+ LLLL.com in Eurodns. I was able to contactVP of Eurodns through this forum and explained him the whole scenario. he locked the eurodns account not to proceed further.

This is the mail converstaion between

Mohan Krishnan
to sanik03

show details
Mar 21
Hello Sir,

I know that you have hacked my hotmail account and you have changed all my account login passwords. please give it back to me. i am living my life on business with this email address.

Please help me.

i will pay how much ever you want.

Please.

Thanks.

Mohan

Sanik Sandalci
to me

show details
Mar 27
I want a lot of money. I need this. All things for this. 200 $ transfer me ?

after, we word together or I help you maybe. I have a lot of web sites. But now i need money. Otherwise, I don't hack you!

thanks.

the information which he gave for money transfer is :

sezer ayhan

zonguldak merkez

türkiye

is there anybody here fcaed the same problem with this hacker before?

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hm, so you think you will get your domains back after posting this??

how many times people has been told not to use gmail/hotmail for domain accounts,

it cost 200 dollars to hack any hotmal/yahoo/gmail

sorry to hear this

ArjunDhawan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Proceed with caution man.

You never know, he may just take the money from you too!

mohankkrish

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmm...you are right..

but i was able to recover most of my domains out of 400 , not able to get back 10 of them..

they are with tucows/hostmysite.

they want me to contact the lawyer, they do not understand.. i am from india. how can i contact their lawyer in US.

We need to find these crime munks and nail them out.. i reported to US Internet Crimes Center .

I was able to retrieve my hotmail & gmail accounts, but the worst part when i resetted my gmail password, he will hack it back.

We both were playing this game for nearly 12 times. well gmail sent me an customer survey form regarding password reset. i gave them -5. it's the worst of all. Gmail is worst.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
you can use gmail at your own domain- google apps- same gmail- but secure

jmalinie

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i m from Turkey ,There is a internet and internet crime depertmant at Ä°stanbul police ,just contact with them .
Here is the contact form of their web page.
http://bilisimsuclari.iem.gov.tr/iletisim.html

Ad Soyad-Your name and surname
konu:subject
Mesajiniz:your message to us.

The guy dont gives you bank account for transfer.
he give only name and city and call number.
Never transfer money ,
Just tell him that you have accepted the money transfer and will transfer him 200$. Take a bank account from him give this report to istanbul police.

hope i was helpfull

Last edited:

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
only as secure as your hostings mx records *gulp*

yea, but you still can update them at any time, as it's your domain, even if somebody hack in, you'll get it back, while with free emails you wont ever get anything back

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As soon as the guy has been identified you could just hire a local person to deliver your message in person :yes:

I also think everyone should stop using free E-mail accounts for domain names.
Get a domain and create your own addresses so that you are in control, always.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also think everyone should stop using free E-mail accounts for domain names.
Get a domain and create your own addresses so that you are in control, always.

Great advice. I've switched my registrar contact email address at GoDaddy to be different from the WhoIs but 1&1 doens't have an easy way to do that, if I change the registrar contact then the WhoIs will change to that then I'll have to change the WhoIs information one domain at a time. :(

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another tip for NOT losing domains by theft is this. Use Fabulous.com as your Registrar.
When you first establish your account with Fabulous you also set up the security system
yourself. So for example you can set up (a) Transfer domains = answer 5 personal
questions (you set up 5 or more questions from a list and register answers with
Fabulous.com system and only Fabulous and You know answers) (b) register
domains = answer 1 question (3) change nameservers = answer 5 questions.

You see by this you can make 99.99999% secure even if someone hacks your
email or fabulous account they still cannot access answers to your questions
and so cannot do anything !!

DG

Vinternatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hate when I see scammers and thieves from my country. I hope you get all of your domains back.

By the way, thanks for the tip, I changed my contact mail adress to a non-free one.

mohankkrish

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thank you everybody for your valuable suggestions. We must protect our industry from these hackers. We must have an association or kind of society where it should it act like a locker for our valuable domains.

This Society should closely moniter the actions of each & every domains. When there is an change in account status, they should alert us & also do not proceed with the transfer unless they get the confirmation from us(Confirmation by Phone or Fax - i know it's kind of added work).

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thank you everybody for your valuable suggestions. We must protect our industry from these hackers. We must have an association or kind of society where it should it act like a locker for our valuable domains.

This Society should closely moniter the actions of each & every domains. When there is an change in account status, they should alert us & also do not proceed with the transfer unless they get the confirmation from us(Confirmation by Phone or Fax - i know it's kind of added work).

No, its up to each individual to use due diligence by not doing silly things like entering your passwords at an internet cafe etc.

sorry to be brash, but if you can't look after yourself properly how can you expect any "society" too?

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Again that is another reason why I use Fabulous.com. As well as the security measures that I detailed in my earlier post on this thread, you can also put "Executive Lock" on any domains you wish and that means that before anything can be done with the domains a person from Fabulous must call you or fax you or email you and get specific instructions. That on top of the other measures make it pretty much impenetrable.

DG

mohankkrish

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never use Internet Cafe. I browse at off & home. have a desktop & latop. this hapnd after coming from europe. i scanned both my LT & DT. Desktop was loaded with viruses & keyloggers. You cannot expect this to happen even if you have strong antivirus system in place.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never use Internet Cafe. I browse at off & home. have a desktop & latop. this hapnd after coming from europe. i scanned both my LT & DT. Desktop was loaded with viruses & keyloggers. You cannot expect this to happen even if you have strong antivirus system in place.

Don't use windows to manage your domains. New Linux distro's are pretty much point and click for basic stuff.
Whats a $50k or $100k+ portfolio worth compared to a a few hours of your time and cheap box or even a VM running Linux and Firefox, that you use for important stuff like banking and domain registrars. Cheap insurance if you ask me.

I would never even dream of entering my important passwords on a windows machine anymore unless I absolutely had too :)

WhiteLight

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom