Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Two computers on Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaniilKharms

Is it easy to set up two computers to Broadband? I presume I have to set up some sort of network between them? Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All you need is a DSL router, a hub or better a switch, two network cables and two nics...it's like playing with Lego:D

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep, very doable. My small home network consists of a cable modem which is connected to a router, which is connected to an ethernet card in each of my two computers. You can also use a switch instead of a router; it's cheaper but doesn't come with the built-in firewall the router has, plus I don't think you can use both connections at once with a switch (you can with a router). LinkSys products were recommended to me and that's what I used.

If your computers are far from each other you can set up a wireless network (more expensive), or just string a bunch of long cables, which is what I did. One of my computers is upstairs and the others is downstairs, so I drilled a little hole through the floor of my closet and into the unfinished part of the basement, where the router and cable modem live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom