Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Two email accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I logged a ticket a week ago (# 00076782 ) but I haven't heard anything back yet, I just added a comment to it, too, to see if it gets flagged.

Is it possible to have two email accounts with Moniker?

1) One for the public WhoIs information
2) One for registrar to client communications (authorization codes, password resets, transfer requests).

I have it set up like this with GoDaddy for added security. I use my gMail for the WhoIs contact so that can get all the spam and a second one, unpublished based off a domain that I didn't even develop, for the registrar to client communications.

Is this possible w/ Moniker? I'd think someone who like sto say that they have the best security would allow this. (hint hint) ;)

Doc

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have it set up like this with GoDaddy for added security. I use my gMail for the WhoIs contact so that can get all the spam and a second one, unpublished based off a domain that I didn't even develop, for the registrar to client communications.

Ed,
How did you set it up with GoDaddy ? via the Buyer profile option OR any other method.
I have set it up via the Buyer Profile option.

But , when I purchase domains in auction on GoDaddy it uses the default account info. and everytime i have to manually correct it :disappointed: . Any solution for this ?

Thanks

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I logged a ticket a week ago (# 00076782 ) but I haven't heard anything back yet, I just added a comment to it, too, to see if it gets flagged.

2) One for registrar to client communications (authorization codes, password resets, transfer requests).

Is this possible w/ Moniker? I'd think someone who like sto say that they have the best security would allow this. (hint hint) ;)

Hey Draggar - I saw this post and sent you an email response directly from Outlook.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bari, I'm interested on this subject too, please PM me :)

jumbyfighter

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Moniker is interesting. Their UI will not allow multiple email contacts. Therefore they will only have that one email for your contacts, but you may be able to request it special from their customer service.
They are slow to respond, if at all sometimes, but when they do they will occasionally be pretty helpful.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Will it increase security? If yes, PM me some info.

thanks

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TY Bari and responded. :)

I found out that I can do this, but it takes a little work.

I was able to change my profile email address in the security settings tab and it did NOT go over to the domains - my unpublished one is the registrar contact and my gMail is still the WhoIs contact.

So, I'm assuming in the future, when I register domains, I can go into my domain manager and change the WhoIs to my gMail account. One isue, though, I got emailed a verification key to paste into my security settings tab - but I don't see a place for the verification key. :( (Edit: it popped up when I tried it again). :)

James - the reason I do this is because I like to have my gMail account as the WhoIs contact. Great spam filters, and easily accessible for me. Unfortunately, gMail can be hacked, sometimes easily so I don't like having this as my registrar contact, so I have my unpublished email address (only Moniker and GoDaddy have it now) for registrar to client communications (for auth codes, transfer requests, password resets, etc.).

IMO it does add in an extra level of security.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
draggar, as far as I know, even if you set a different address on the security tab, the transfer requests are sent to the admin email from whois (i.e. your Gmail address).

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've never done a transfer out of Moniker so I wouldn't know. GoDaddy always sent it to the registar contact.
Yes, I know it's working that way with GoDaddy, but not with Moniker.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see. If you like extra security, fabulous offers security questions. I think you may set upto 5 questions.

I thought gmail is pretty secure. Which email platform is safest then?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gMail is only as secure as your password but I've heard some people can grab your cached links and get your email though that.

I have an email address based on a domain that I do not use (the domain is not developed and forwards to another domain that I do use). But, even that is only as secure as the hosting company's security.

The best way to make your email secure is in your password. Don't choose your dog's name (let's say fluffy). If you want something better, Fluffy5 or flUFfy1, something even better f!uffy1 or go al the way with something like f|ùƒf¥∞

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought gmail is pretty secure. Which email platform is safest then?
Most of the email addresses are hacked because your computer is compromised, not because of Gmail/Yahoo vulnerabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom