Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Two new questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

domokun

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Two newbie questions that hopefully the more experienced can answer.

I've come across a Disney domain name for sale. The problem is Im sure the term is trademarked. The Disney phrase gets a few thousand searches (according to Overture) a month. Is it worth investing in or will I loose it to Disney as soon as they notice?

Q2. I've asked this in one or two other places but can't get a stright answer. All I want to know is if domains like "Kobe8.com", "Iverson3.com" etc have any value and if they too are covered by trademarks.

Thanks in advance

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stay away from trademarks. They are useless to you. If in doubt, leave it out. Disney is definitely a no-no. Don't know about your Kobe8 and Iverson3 - research them at USPTO.gov for starters.

cashable

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For me, Disney domains are ok, but if trademarked, I stay away. I own about 20 domains with Disney in them, use many of the for active sites. I have only been contacted by Disney legal once, and that was for a domain that was a .info of one of their big sites, so we turned it over to them. They sent me an email, it was solved in about 5 minutes.

If you want any help with the Disney name, PM me, I would be glad to help.

IDEAS4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have disneyhotelrooms.com - and sedo and afrernic bumped it off- now I have no traffic details so the domain went from $$$$ to 0 in just days.

A

domokun

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Im just not sure what to do.

On the one hand you have "disney hotel rooms" that (according to overture) got 0 searches last month. his domain (also three words long) got about 3k.

Then you've got trademark issues with some Disney domains and not with others. And when there is a dispute it can be sorted out quite quickly.

Hmmm... is it worth a punt?! I'll have to be quick though .. selling soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom