Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Type ins question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, not sure if this has been asked before.

There are some sites (and happening with some of mine) where if you type in the url without the extension they are getting forwarded to the non .com version).

For example, if I just type in warren in the url, I get sent to warren.org. But there exists a warren.com (not mine) which is a parked page.

Why is this happening?

Thanks

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With regards to appending tlds to urls which do not resolve, there's two likely culprits:

your browser
your isp

As to why you find yourself at one particular site rather than another; there may be idiosyncrasies due to nameserver response times, time-out settings, and in which sequence tlds are appended. Looking at your browser preferences may help.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Depending on the browser you are using it will lookup the top search return and then serve you that domain.

zzz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, interesting. Thanks for clarifying.

So, if I use Firefox and have not made any changes to my preferences, then, in my area, the average user would probably have the same result as me if they use the default Firefox install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom