Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Type of people

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What type of people go to a thread and offer's a lower price than posted ,and
when it is accepted turn around and offer even a lower price? Because there is someone in this forum who does this. So I wonder what would you do?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what would I do?

Tell him to go screw himself...people like that just waste your time and arent really professional...

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tell them a higher price than the one they originally offered, and do not budge.

I

impactadmin

I also agree, set a price and stick with it. As long as you dont budge, their interest will stay as well.

Impactadmin.

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is not about the price, It's about the person. "Keeping his word" If we were in court he would lose and pay damages and lawyer fees. This offer was is writting
So I don't choose to raise my prices for the sake of this persons action. I do wish that people like this would find another business something without integrity... I will not sale this person a domain name if he paid ten times more than what I set the price at.

I also agree, set a price and stick with it. As long as you dont budge, their interest will stay as well.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could you send me a pm, as to "whom" this person is?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you answer him? You said he offered a lower price, just say no, and stick to your original price. Don't stress over it.

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I said

"You offered me a price I accepted it. Send the payment." To be honest I didn't want to sell the name for that price. I just think as a business pratice this should not be kept quiet. I don't need the 15.00 he offered. I do belive in ethics in business. I also know everybody doesn't belive in this type of business pratice but I know you do. So before this type of pratice get's out of hand the problem should be resolved. If not he will do it again and some of the people that have done business like this before will do it again. It may not be such a low amount when it happens to you.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The truth is that people like this will quickly run out of people to try to "mug" and they will have no one to buy from, they are not worth getting upset about - there are a lot of honourable domainers here at DNForum so I suggest you move on from this experience.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname gave the nice "let the market deal with it" response (with which I primarily agree).

I also contend that in a marketplace like this, having a system for rating each other (ala ebay feedback) would be really nice.

I say out the person here - the reason being that if someone makes an offer and renegs (by backtracking and offering a less-favorable price or sending payment in a lower amount) they are a hazard to all of us and you should warn us.

Some may still choose to do business with the person and some may not - at least we have the option.

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nameable said:
I also contend that in a marketplace like this, having a system for rating each other (ala ebay feedback) would be really nice.
I agree with this. That recent episode with the "Traffik" guy bugged me. As some members posted, "He looked like a normal member". I was considering buying from him, and other than length of membership and reviewing prior posts/deals, its hard to gauge the quality of the member.
I say out the person here ... Some may still choose to do business with the person and some may not - at least we have the option.
I agree with this suggestion, because the "outed" member can respond, and discussion can be had. If it is an isolated incident, and they maybe stretched themselves past their budget, then let the conversation ensue. On ebay, I'll still buy from someone with one "negative" as long as their followup reply is meaningful. Especially if its followed my multiple Positives transaction.

And if the outing leads to a pissing contest between members, then our great moderators can always kill the thread and take the issue offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom