Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TypeIn Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a question regarding typein registrations. If I use overture and any other tool to find some decent trafficed domains, what is a good number to go with.

30+?
50+?
100+?

And also I know this is just people who have typed whatever.com into a search engine, what does 1 typein equate to approximately in real hits. (just looking for an average number that actually typed it into the address field, which i know will be higher than typed it into a search engine).

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone know?

oohdale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Realnames will know he is a Pro at this kind of stuff. :D

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I usually hear if yournames.COM gets 100+ in OVT then its worth a reg, remember, not the keywords, with the .com/net etc....

For your other question, I have no clue :)

But I would imagine if it gets 100 in OVT you would get more typins..

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domainut...

I regged 3 names that have had overture counts with the extention.

One of the names showed 145 with the extention. It actually gets over 200 typins/directs so far in April and its only the 22nd.

Another one showed 51 on OVT and it has already passed that in a week.

But the other one I regged....it showed 38 on OVT and I still not have seen one visitor in the week that I have been tracking its stats. But lucky for me that name itself is worth something..:)

So the OVT results that show 50 - 100+ are for sure going to get some traffic, but the ones that are below that are a risk. IMHO

Hope that helped a little???;)

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes thanks, just looking for those little extra inside tips that'll help me succeed at this ;P

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Domainut .........what does 1 typein equate to approximately in real hits. (just looking for an average number that actually typed it into the address field, which i know will be higher than typed it into a search engine).

The Overture results are only shown for 25 or more returns. Some names have returns less than 25/mo., perhaps 10 to 20/mo. That still equates to some quality targeted type-ins, though on the lighter side but still well worthwhile if you are selling a product or service, but not too good for usage with PPC Search Engine affiliates, which need high traffic to make any money.

My first-hand knowledge indicates approx' 70 to 100/MONTH on Suggestion Tool equates to approx' 140 to 200 actual hits per WEEK, generally speaking, with higher/lower exceptions to the rule of thumb.

That means if a domain averages say 25/mo on OV, it may get roughly 50 or more type-in hits/week. Plus, search engine traffic too of course, though not nearly as valuable as natural type-ins.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks RN

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Excelent RN, Thank so mucH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom