Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

typo domains and mis-spelling revenue question

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveto

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering...if I reg a typo or a popular misspelled word...would it ONLY be useful to reg the .com and forget all other extentions, taking out place of origin out of the equation...I mean..if the typo was a UK name..I would probably want to reg .com and co.uk...BUT would it be worth regging the .net as well? or if you see a popular typo and the .net is available..is it worth it?

Most cases I assume not, but how many of you guys have .net typos or misspelled domains that are NOT .com

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO unless you're getting a typo of a popular site that is based off of a .net (example: slickdeals.net) then it isn't worth it. Slikcdeals.net might not be a bad typo for that, but just getting something like isnsaurance.net isn't worth it too much (IMO) but it also depends on the keywords and usage.

Polise.org might not be a bad generic typo.
Netwirk.net might not be a bad generic typo
Hoemsales.info would not be a good generic typo.

If you go beyond generics, though, be careful of TMs - you could be opening yourself up to a WIPO case (say, something like Mocrosoft.com)

rebirth

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A friendly warning...

DO NOT register typos.

If you want to buy typos, buy ONLY the ones with true type-in traffic. Otherwise, forget it. Don't even think about it. Don't even dream about it. Don't even jerk about it.

I've been there, done that, ate them all.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A friendly warning...

DO NOT register typos.

If you want to buy typos, buy ONLY the ones with true type-in traffic. Otherwise, forget it. Don't even think about it. Don't even dream about it. Don't even jerk about it.

I've been there, done that, ate them all.

I have done exactly the same and wasted a lot of money.........you are spot on :)

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
IMO unless you're getting a typo of a popular site that is based off of a .net (example: slickdeals.net) then it isn't worth it. Slikcdeals.net might not be a bad typo for that, but just getting something like isnsaurance.net isn't worth it too much (IMO) but it also depends on the keywords and usage.

Polise.org might not be a bad generic typo.
Netwirk.net might not be a bad generic typo
Hoemsales.info would not be a good generic typo.

If you go beyond generics, though, be careful of TMs - you could be opening yourself up to a WIPO case (say, something like Mocrosoft.com)

wow.. will mocrosoft.com have issues regarding tm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom