Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Typo Karoke.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
O.K. here's the deal....

A few short days ago, like so many of you, I decided to "bid" on a dropping typo domain Karoke.com (typo word for KARAOKE) at my favorite bidding service... and lo and behold, a night before the bid ending, I saw that the current bid is at 11,000 G's... before I lost interest... so I am thinking, my God what an acute sickness is in that person's head... who would on God's earth, and more importantly, why would ANYONE in this world commit that much money on a misspelled name???

So, couple of days later, I checked back to see who the sick bastard is, and to my utter disgust I find out that the name is now in BuyDomains' possesion, and that they are selling it. The point of this story is not to proclaim how I can't stand those sickos over there, but to ask what in the world is going on with them???

I am not sure which auction originally got this dropped typo, I am assuming it was probably NameWinner, so I am assuming that BuyDomains' paid AT LEAST 11,000 for it (very likely more) so I am wondering what do they hope to gain from?

a.) Are they planning to turn around and hope that they will find a "Karoke typo" buyer for 15-20k???

b.) Are they hoping that they will get their drunk, misspelling Karaoke visitors to stick around on their site and buy a few OVERPRICED domains?

c.) Are they hoping to get asome extra traffic, therefore keep increasing their unique vistors rankings and what have you, thus making their own site misleadingly looking more important?

d.) All the above?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It may not be misspelled in some language`s!

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1052 with extension is pretty nice you could sell alot of karaoke machines with that type-in traffic.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
True.... it is a VERY BIG typo.... some people may think it's spelled that way, so more than a real "mistyped" typo.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BD is amazing. The size of their bank account never ceases to amaze me..

On the other hand, traffic can be big $. I have a domain which gets around 400 uniques per day, and makes between $25 and $50 per day. When you realise that's $13,000 per year, suddenly it doesn't seem so crazy.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And they didn't pay $11K for it.
It's caught by their own registrar.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
elusive_kudo said:
O.K. here's the deal....

I am not sure which auction originally got this dropped typo, I am assuming it was probably NameWinner, so I am assuming that BuyDomains' paid AT LEAST 11,000 for it (very likely more) so I am wondering what do they hope to gain from?

Here is my theory. BD is actually paying fix monthly money to your drop catcher. Let's say, $20000. Your dropcatcher converts $20000 to 60000 BD dollars. Another means you saw there BD dollars. Everyone is happy. The dropcatcher gets $20000 fix monthly income. BD gets ANY name he wants regardless of bidding limits.

Believe me: $20000 monthly income is always better than some $60000 incpme possibility.

TurNIC.com

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SAF, it's a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom