Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Typo Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised to see a "typo mod" as an "official" mod category. Am I reading that right, or is that just a signature election? Maybe I'm still in the dark here. Are there such things as legitimate typos? I'd love to be educated on this area. I always thought typos were primarily for redirection of traffic to someplace the Internet community didn't intend to go and as such were pretty slimy. Otherwise I thought they were used to steal revenue from a legitimate trademark holders name, as in the Googler.com name in the sales thread, and therefor also el slimo. Correct me if I'm wrong. Doc

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you serious here stoc - is there an official "oldbie" category? :-D

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is just a custom user title. Nothing official.

Poor me, just being a simple "Mod". :(

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
Are you serious here stoc - is there an official "oldbie" category? :-D

I was just thrown by the "typo mod" thing. I see your "oldbie moderator" as well now. As a real oldbie myself I guess I'm getting more confused as this goes. I was serious about the rest of the commentary on the typo thing, but maybe there should be some explanation about who is a moderator now, and who is not, and what categories they may cover.
Doc

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Abusiveelusive
http://www.dnforum.com/showgroups.php Here is a list of who is a moderator, and who moderates what.

Thanks for the link Keith. That pretty much explained who's who. I was just surprised by the "typo mod" thing, and thought there is no way that DNF would endorse such activity and make it an official category with it's own moderator. I still think that should be clarified (and removed) so that other newbies and us oldbies etc. don't see that signature and think everything is okie dokie with typo stuff now.
Doc

DotLeader

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
typo mod doesnt mean what you think :)
its more simpler
i make typos alot and am not too good at spelling
soooo....
ofcouse it could be used in the other context
as i do own a few typo domains myself.....

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
EDIT: i think thats a bit unappropriate for this thread - the whole world doesnt need to know

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some terrible terrible mods here.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Basically I just protest against typos. It's taking advantage of a mistake by someone and sending them somewhere they didn't want to go, all for a lousy few cents max. Just stinksonice.com

The issue lots of is heightened by the news that my ex is moving to NC and taking 3 of my kids and there's nothing I can do about it. Fathers are disposable it appears and their parent status reduced to being merely a wallet. Maybe misplaced, but I'm touchy on taking anyone where they didn't want to go now.

DotLeader

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lotsofissues
Some terrible terrible mods here.

If you have a complaint about myself or any other moderators
please send a complaint to One of the admins or other moderators so it can be dealt with

DotLeader

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stocdoctor
Basically I just protest against typos. It's taking advantage of a mistake by someone and sending them somewhere they didn't want to go, all for a lousy few cents max. Just stinksonice.com

The issue lots of is heightened by the news that my ex is moving to NC and taking 3 of my kids and there's nothing I can do about it. Fathers are disposable it appears and their parent status reduced to being merely a wallet. Maybe misplaced, but I'm touchy on taking anyone where they didn't want to go now.

I Understand where your coming from,
but there is always two sides people for and against
and there most always will be

but as i said the typo mod was meant in the totally different context

maybe i will be abke to change it as soon as i start using the spellchecker on the posts :)

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stocdoctor
I'm surprised to see a "typo mod" as an "official" mod category. Am I reading that right, or is that just a signature election? Maybe I'm still in the dark here. Are there such things as legitimate typos? I'd love to be educated on this area. I always thought typos were primarily for redirection of traffic to someplace the Internet community didn't intend to go and as such were pretty slimy. Otherwise I thought they were used to steal revenue from a legitimate trademark holders name, as in the Googler.com name in the sales thread, and therefor also el slimo. Correct me if I'm wrong. Doc

Stocdoctor ... we all feel safer with you defending the TYPO highway ... keep it up buddy ... cause you are just what we need ... another "I know Internet Law and how the Internet should run" expert opinion!

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom