Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Typo question

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrictlyNames

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I found a one-word typo .com available to register that has a very high overture number for the correctly spelled term. And a decent overture score with extension (for the correctly spelled term).

My question is... is it worth registering if there is no overture score for the typo and no overture for the typo with extension?

What criteria do you use when deciding to register a typo?

Thanks,
Dave

Domain Days 2024

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In general if there is no ovt with ext for the typo then its probably not a good typo , keep in mind that US ovt only shows scores of 25 and up, so it could be a 6 score or something, it might still have traffic but maybe trickle traffic and not worth the reg fee. There are names with zero ovt with ext that get traffic but you will go thru a ton of reg fees looking for one.

StrictlyNames

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I went ahead and regged it anyway, had to find out for myself. The top 10 bids for the keyword are range from 1.00 to 1.90.

Wish me luck.

Thanks again,
Dave

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok, good luck Dave, you never know.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
after checking overture with and without ext. I usually use google and see the number of listings for correct spelling, then the incorrect spelling just to get an idea of percentage of my misspell to the correct spelling

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I went ahead and regged it anyway, had to find out for myself. The top 10 bids for the keyword are range from 1.00 to 1.90.

Wish me luck.

Thanks again,
Dave

If you registered with Moniker, luck will have nothing to do with it. You will simply watch the traffic for 4 days. If it doesn't meet your expectations you will cancel the site and get your money back all but 25 cents. And if you really wanted to, you could do it all over again.

StrictlyNames

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
after checking overture with and without ext. I usually use google and see the number of listings for correct spelling, then the incorrect spelling just to get an idea of percentage of my misspell to the correct spelling

Correct Spelling Results 1 - 100 of about 30,700,000 with (over 150 sponsored listings - adwords)

Typo Results 1 - 10 of about 9,550 with (22 sponsored listings - adwords)

What would you do with these results?

Duckinla said:
If you registered with Moniker, luck will have nothing to do with it. You will simply watch the traffic for 4 days. If it doesn't meet your expectations you will cancel the site and get your money back all but 25 cents. And if you really wanted to, you could do it all over again.

Thanks. I went with godaddy this time since that is where I have most of my names.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I regged a few with higher paying keywords with similar results as yours with good results on very small traffic maybe 5-10 views a month. wait a few months because sometimes google places typos pretty high up in search results if keyword isnt in too much demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom