Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Typos / misspellings

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm not a newbie to the business but I am to the forum so here goes....

As far as typos go, I'd love some advice. For example, I'm looking at a few 2 word .coms that wordtracker says get 8 or 10 searches per day. The overture bid for these terms is about $1....there is also a term that gets a 5 type ins per day with an overture bid of $15.......I would just forward these to relevant pages.

Is there a type in formula that anyone has come up with? Ie - ie your term gets 100 monthly overtures, you will get X type ins......?

Thanks in advance!

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi gmac - welcome to DNF ... That's a question thats been brought up many times before.
There's really no formula.
Some things to remember is that overture does not show results with less than 25 searches, while wordtracker will.
Many names with 0 wordtracker and (obviously) 0 overture still get type in traffic.
And there's domains with 30 - 300 or more overture score that get ZERO traffic.
Dont try to determine a formula, there is none.
As you get more and more into it, you will be better able to judge the traffic of a domain before you get a hold of the DNS.
Other popular tools you will find useful:
www.alexa.com
www.marketleap.com
www.google.com
http://web.archive.org
Then there's still many more tools you can use, some free, some you have to pay for, you just have to dig around till you find what you need.
Kick back and enjoy the forum.

ps why'd you register back then and lurk till now?

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:
Hi gmac - welcome to DNF ... That's a question thats been brought up many times before.
There's really no formula.
Some things to remember is that overture does not show results with less than 25 searches, while wordtracker will.
Many names with 0 wordtracker and (obviously) 0 overture still get type in traffic.
And there's domains with 30 - 300 or more overture score that get ZERO traffic.
Dont try to determine a formula, there is none.
As you get more and more into it, you will be better able to judge the traffic of a domain before you get a hold of the DNS.
Other popular tools you will find useful:
www.alexa.com
www.marketleap.com
www.google.com
http://web.archive.org
Then there's still many more tools you can use, some free, some you have to pay for, you just have to dig around till you find what you need.
Kick back and enjoy the forum.

ps why'd you register back then and lurk till now?

I registered way back when, didn't want to pay at that time and spent a lot of time on other forums. Just checked back here and saw some great stuff and don't mind paying $50 now....thanks!

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cool
well, I hope that info helps you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom