Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

u9.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

korzon

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey,

So I'm the winning bidder for this domain for $3K on tdnam after the guy who bid $15K backed out.

Let's assume for a minute that tdnam is reliable and I will actually get this domain for $3K, would you buy it?

I don't remember any two charactar .coms so it's hard for me to appraise...

BTW, I would have posted this in the appraisal forum but since I don't own it it's against the rules. As far as I know this post is ok for this forum...

Domain Days 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the best thing, would have been to assess the value, prior to making a bid.

however, your bid is a reasonable price to pay for the domain.

good luck

martialtiger

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great pick up for $3k. You should definitely be able to recoup that plus much more.

M90

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you think it was shill bidding?

I watched that sale with interest as it crept up daily to around $1500. The next thing I knew it had leapt to $15k! I personally expected it to peak somewhere around $2k max.

$3k seems ok for a decent 2 character domain but you may wish to satisfy yourself with TDNAM that someone wasn't artificially inflating the price. Bear in mind it will get offered to the next highest bidder after you if you decide not to buy it.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
M90 said:
Do you think it was shill bidding?

The owner may have been the shill! He/she has established a big number for the domain and then they're going to renew it!

M90

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wm. M. said:
The owner may have been the shill! He/she has established a big number for the domain and then they're going to renew it!
Do you know this for sure or are you just speculating that the owner is going to renew?

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If an owner--or a friend of the owner!--is shilling, then it just makes sense that they will renew the domain name. And this probably has already occured many times at tdnam! Not only that, many really good names have been purchased by people who have contacted the owners directly after the auction! It appears that Godaddy has FINALLY put a stop to this by removing all email info. approx. 10 days after the expiration date and all registrant/contact info. after approx. 21 days.

4u-domains

DNF Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think there is a case of the owner-shill bidding going on.

It would be quite handy for any domainer to see what resellers would bid on their names. However, I wouldnt risk a decent name getting that close to deletion, in case I forgot about it! :emba:

As for u9 (dot) com. If it makes you feel better about getting it. I would offer $3250 for it, firm for 1 month. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom