Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

UDRP Records or Logs Kept Anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr00t

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a record of a UDRP I successfully won a few years back for use in another case. I have no record of the resolution or even my initial complaint but am trying to seek it. Are UDRP requests stored anywhere that I can access online? Is there any way to get a copy of my UDRP from a while back anywhere?

Any help is appreciated.

dr00t

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, it didn't go to arbitration. I am referring to the registrar-level UDRP complaints. Oddly enough, YES, I did get a domain that way. Didn't have to litigate at all. :D

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, it didn't go to arbitration. I am referring to the registrar-level UDRP complaints. Oddly enough, YES, I did get a domain that way. Didn't have to litigate at all. :D

Hmm, sounds good. How did that work ?.

DG

dr00t

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dunno, I just remember filling out a form at the registrar stating my complaint and citing the trademark number, and then about 2 months later the domain was pushed into my account. Then I received an email stating that the UDRP process was the reason behind it.

I am really not very familiar with that particular process whatsoever, I am only familiar with the WIPO style arbitration methods.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then I received an email stating that the UDRP process was the reason behind it.

Whatever it was that you did, you were misinformed. What you did sounds like one of the "pre-registration notification" scams that some registrar affiliates run.

"UDRP" refers to one and only one thing, and what you did was not it.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whatever it was that you did, you were misinformed. What you did sounds like one of the "pre-registration notification" scams that some registrar affiliates run.

"UDRP" refers to one and only one thing, and what you did was not it.

Well then, why did he get the domain?

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well then, why did he get the domain?

Because that's how the pre-registration notification scam works. You receive an official looking form that has garbage text about the UDRP all over it, and you are offered the "opportunity" to register the domain name at an inflated fee through some cheesy reseller.

Either that or it was a registrant/registrar which puts on a veneer of "procedure" when they get a complaint.

The UDRP works only one way, and this guy didn't do that.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
too funny

he got the domain, so he should be happy

even if he was scammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom