Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

UK troubles - 123reg.co.uk phone needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

A good friend of ours, is experiencing serious troubles with his account at 123reg.co.uk, he had few dozens of UK names including few typos (ok, not ethical but nothing of so strange in my opinion), it seems the registrar locked his account simply because he had such typos, is this legal in the UK for uk domains ?
He tried to email them more time to attempt clarifying the situation and getting back at least his generic names, with no success and no further reply from the registrar.

My question is: may a registrar lock an account forever just because the registrant owns one or more typos, even if the other names are generic words ?

Does anyone have a phone number where he can attempt to talk with a responsible at 123reg.co.uk, please ?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck.
123reg is awful, full of bugs and hard if not impossible to reach.
If you have domains registered with them that you don't use, check the whois to verify they even exist, because the initial registration could have never taken place...
They are a clone of registerfly, fish & chips flavor :uhoh:

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

A good friend of ours, is experiencing serious troubles with his account at 123reg.co.uk, he had few dozens of UK names including few typos (ok, not ethical but nothing of so strange in my opinion), it seems the registrar locked his account simply because he had such typos, is this legal in the UK for uk domains ?
He tried to email them more time to attempt clarifying the situation and getting back at least his generic names, with no success and no further reply from the registrar.

My question is: may a registrar lock an account forever just because the registrant owns one or more typos, even if the other names are generic words ?

Does anyone have a phone number where he can attempt to talk with a responsible at 123reg.co.uk, please ?

If they are .co.uk domain names he can just go to the Registry directly and transfer them out of 123reg. If he has no joy with 123reg, get him to call Nominet and ask for Registrant Support on +44 1865 332200. He can then tell them the names and they'll explain what he has to do if he wants to manage them through their Registry site and move them to another Registrar.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah i moved all mydomains from them,their support is terrible,get them out fast !

Shommy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone suggest another domain site in the UK? I use 123 reg.. and I've heared bad things, I'm starting to worry... whats the best site out for us UK lot?

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use 123 reg for a lot of uk domains. Shoddy support is true, but I've known worse and must say I don't think they are anything close to registerfly in the sh!te registrar leaderboard.

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone suggest another domain site in the UK? I use 123 reg.. and I've heared bad things, I'm starting to worry... whats the best site out for us UK lot?

Heartinternet.co.uk seems to come highly recommended by those that don't operate their own .uk Registrar. If you register many .uk domain names then you may wish to consider becoming a Nominet member (.uk Registry) at a cost of £500 for the setup and first year and £100 per year thereafter. You'll get direct access to Nominet's Web Domain Manager interface, EPP and the automaton, and pay cost price for every domain name which is £5.00 per two years. All prices exclude VAT, although you should be exempt that.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks to anyone for your useful help, I'm forwarding both nominet and 123reg phone numbers to our friend to play his final chance to save his domains.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I used them once, somehow they sold me the wrong domain and I couldn't get in touch with them to get a refund. Since then I've got all my co.uk domains from GoDaddy no problem.

Shommy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domainmonster seemed the best, extremely cheap, and much better... goodbye 123 reg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom