Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Ultimate Domain Ebook Released For Domainbies - A Must Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

imneazmh

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dnforum_domainbie_promo.jpg

Special Thanks to Honorable Dnforum Owner, Mr. Adam Dicker for his time to write for The Domainbie Ebook:
testimonial_domainbie.jpg

Visit http://www.domainbie.com to download your copy of Domain Ebook.

Snap from Lowdown of DnJournal.com:
domainbie_snap.jpg

Thanks
NeazMH

Last edited:

-ET-

Dn Guru©
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First of all, Let me congratulate you for releasing this book. I think you have a learned a lot than a usual domainer does in a years time. Your interest in domaining certainly shows in the book you have written and hopefully it'll take you to places in the industry in the years to come.

Feedback: "The book is very informative for a domain newbie and gives a 360 view on domaining"

On the other side, You could have given some more information on platforms where a newbie can sell domains. Guess, you missed on Sedo, tdnam, afternic, Bido etc.

imneazmh

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All very laudable, but why the PM spam?
Spam, yaaak!!! I hate spam. Currently, I got around 380 DNF Friends and I did PM to around only selective 25 to learn about my mistakes in my ebook. Never Mind.

First of all, Let me congratulate you for releasing this book. I think you have a learned a lot than a usual domainer does in a years time. Your interest in domaining certainly shows in the book you have written and hopefully it'll take you to places in the industry in the years to come.

Feedback: "The book is very informative for a domain newbie and gives a 360 view on domaining"

On the other side, You could have given some more information on platforms where a newbie can sell domains. Guess, you missed on Sedo, tdnam, afternic, Bido etc.
I loved your feedback. Yes, if I consider to release 2nd Edition of the Ebook, I will focus more on the area you just addressed. In addition, Credits of improvement Idea will be given with your Name & Dnf Profile Link within the ebook. Thank you once again for your valuable time to read it.

My Primary Objectives Of The Ebook:
i) Save Domainbies many months if not years to get started with Domain Business.
ii) Every Domainbie has the potential to turn $9 to $1000 (practically) and has the right to compete with Giant Domain Holders.
iii) Why a domainbie should learn from mistakes whereas primary mistakes related to buying and selling can be easily avoided with the "Domainbie Ebook"

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So Adam endorses ebooks ?

lappanion

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You got the bunch of friends because you bulk add people you don't even know, same at NP...

Anyhow if you value my Feedback, you can send me the Ebook and I will read it, don't make me sign up for something if you only want my opinion...

Toni

-ET-

Dn Guru©
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes as lappanion mentioned. You need to send a copy of ebook to people by whom you would like it to be reviewed. rather than asking them to sign-up. that is not the way to go about it.

imneazmh

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay. ONLY For DnForum Members: PM me if you want to have direct download link. No Opt-in required. Enjoy!

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As you were 'kind enough' to PM me about this book I will ask a few questions.

1) Do you explain what a gTLD is compared to a ccTLD?
2) Do you discuss the merits or otherwise of ccTLD's
3) Do you explain what a 'hacked domain' is?
4) Do you explain that certain countries have restrictions on registered users of their domains?
5) Do you list current costs of gTLD's and ccTLD's?
6) Do have a list of the major hosting companies and their costs plus of course the differences in their hosting packages?
7) Do you list the top companies that offer CMS development systems, what their costs are and what their major packages consist of?
8) Do you explain that buying traffic to visit a 'parked domain' is not permitted by the major parking companies?
9) Do you explain that the costs for transfers of certain ccTLD sales are higher at Sedo than some gTLDs?
10) Do you point out the most common types of 'hoax offers' made and the general pattern they follow?
11) Do you point out that most domainers never recover their investment from their portfolios?
12) Finally, do you point out that the whole system is so totally under-regulated (if at all) that all domainers, novice and experienced, are constantly having to watch everything that is going on?

I obviously have not read the book, but I would hope that these (and they are just a sample of possible points) are covered so that those thinking of joining this market can get a heads-up on what the business entails.

I wish you all success with the book, especially if it contains decent information on at least some of the above points.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All very laudable, but why the PM spam?

So Adam endorses ebooks ?

Yes as lappanion mentioned. You need to send a copy of ebook to people by whom you would like it to be reviewed. rather than asking them to sign-up. that is not the way to go about it.

4) Do you explain that certain countries have restrictions on registered users of their domains?
6) Do have a list of the major hosting companies and their costs plus of course the differences in their hosting packages?
7) Do you list the top companies that offer CMS development systems, what their costs are and what their major packages consist of?
8) Do you explain that buying traffic to visit a 'parked domain' is not permitted by the major parking companies?
9) Do you explain that the costs for transfers of certain ccTLD sales are higher at Sedo than some gTLDs?
10) Do you point out the most common types of 'hoax offers' made and the general pattern they follow?
11) Do you point out that most domainers never recover their investment from their portfolios?
12) Finally, do you point out that the whole system is so totally under-regulated (if at all) that all domainers, novice and experienced, are constantly having to watch everything that is going on?

I obviously have not read the book, but I would hope that these (and they are just a sample of possible points) are covered so that those thinking of joining this market can get a heads-up on what the business entails.

I wish you all success with the book, especially if it contains decent information on at least some of the above points.

:)

if i lend my "auditing" skills and expertise, i should get a cut :)

probably should have asked for review, before releasing to public

imo...

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I went through the book quickly. There wasn't anything new in it for me but that's because I'm not completely new to domaining. On the other hand, I am not an experienced domainer as well.

A few things struck me where you were talking about the Google Adwords Keyword tool:

-In your example you use 'Broad' search instead of 'Exact' search. In the latter case, you will get more accurate results. Consider the fact that a lot of domainers and developers are only interested in Exact Match Domains. You can also set the geographical region and the search language in this tool, this can make a difference in the results and may depend on the purposes of the domain.

-In the Moniker tool, you don't need to add '.com' yourself when you select it in the thickbox (saves a few minutes).

-Let someone proofread the book, it looks like there are a few grammatical errors.

Other than that, I think it is an excellent book for people new to domaining and beginners. It is not complete but doesn't have to be in this case. You should definitely release a second and perhaps subsequent editions.

Hope it helps. Cheers!

imneazmh

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
-Let someone proofread the book, it looks like there are a few grammatical errors.
This would definitely cut my cost; I'm not going to pay my proofreader full money until all are fixed. Btb, if you could PM 1/2 such errors, it would be a great support.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

The Ebook covers only the core principles of choosing domains for domain newbies. Yes, I will definitely try to cover your each question in my blog posts in future. Thank you for wonderful link bait ideas.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------
You got the bunch of friends because you bulk add people you don't even know, same at NP...
Thanks Tony for addressing this issue. I strongly believe that "Its always better to do something imperfectly than to doing nothing". Therefore, I took initiative to add people even though I didn't know them before which resulted in bunch of real friends. Now I got dozens of real friends from dnf to whom I chat regularly on FB and MSN. This is how relationship builiding process works. I'm sorry that you didn't like the approach. But I always do the same whatever niche I work for.

:)
probably should have asked for review, before releasing to public
imo...

Reviewed by many of my friends and my gurus already before I released this ebook to public. But things won't be 100% perfect until I know responses from mass people. However, the coolest thing is that this is "Pay After Read Ebook"; a completely new and unique concept of Selling Ebook Online.

Last edited:

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is a good ebook for domain newbies and it might help you to save time and money because domain newbies tend to buy or register "rubbish domains" impulsively. I think it is well worth reading for domain newbies.

LimitedEdition

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just read the ebook and I liked how you provided screen shots to accompany what you are describing. However, I didn't see the point of talking about overture and you even stated that it is no longer around - so why put it in a book explaining how to use it? I would have liked to see alternatives to overture talked about. Proof-reading is a must as well. Overall, good information all in one place, but not much that I haven't picked up from the forums or other ebooks. Future revisions could be quite good though if some more time is spent on it.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom