Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Ultimate Search owns 33,675 domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Lord Baltimore

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am amazed that 24hournames still has as many (208,650) as it has. I bought a name from them and they gave me about eight more complimentary names. However, most of the names I see in their catalog are pretty worthless, imo. I don't know how they manage to renew that catalog every year.

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That data is from July 2001, almost 18 monuths out of date.

Mark......

rcristel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
UltSearch must know someone in high places... ehhhh?????

I had snapBacks on a few names and lost them to him... :(

How does he do it???

doubledee999

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can check Ultsearch amount of names by searching the nameservers., using the dnsviper service exody has., I did a search on them a few months ago using this and they had about 88,000 then.

-dennis

doubledee999

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also think nameintelligence.com has a similar tool or is in the process of developing one.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nothing new there but still a great read - should enlighten quite some people.
In fact i'd rather prefer if it would not have been publicized. :D

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just when I thought I was in the clear on a domain today but guess who own the domain now after doing a quick whois??

That's right folks. Our once again friend in HONK KONG.

ULTIMATE SEARCH

I say that we petition to search engines to ban any pages that are contained within his catalog. None of the site names will ever be developed or sold as far as I can see. He simply buys his time on the traffic and ad clicks. Then again if you take him out of the search engines you still have type-ins which probably accounts for most of his traffic so basically he wins anyway. At times like these I feel almost that WLS is a welcomed friend to end this mastermind to control the internet little by little until all we are all inside pay per click engines that run in circles with no real information or purpose.

Then again maybe that's an overexageration.... venting helped :rolleyes:

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>clemzonguy: Actually does Ultimate Search simply use Snapnames??

No.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IF that is so then why are these notations made in the above link:

"gandi.org" is registered with whois.namebay.com - UltSearch - Snapnames

"jjf.org" is registered with whois.namebay.com - Snapnames - Ultimate Search

"bonfire.org" is registered with whois.networksolutions.com - Snapnames - Ultimate Search

and so on.....

MBZ

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ult uses Snapnames, as well as many other resources.

I agree with your sentiments. The net would be better off
without the likes of UltSearch. So much creative commerce
lost to their cheesy directories.

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by clemzonguy
Just when I thought I was in the clear on a domain today but guess who own the domain now after doing a quick whois??

That's right folks. Our once again friend in HONK KONG.

ULTIMATE SEARCH

I say that we petition to search engines to ban any pages that are contained within his catalog. None of the site names will ever be developed or sold as far as I can see. He simply buys his time on the traffic and ad clicks. Then again if you take him out of the search engines you still have type-ins which probably accounts for most of his traffic so basically he wins anyway. At times like these I feel almost that WLS is a welcomed friend to end this mastermind to control the internet little by little until all we are all inside pay per click engines that run in circles with no real information or purpose.

Then again maybe that's an overexageration.... venting helped :rolleyes:

In the same way, it could be argued that other companies like BuyDomains, Most Wanted Domains, etc provide no value to the community. Why are they holding the good names but not developing web site with useful contents? Perhaps we can petition to ISPs for banning these companies to host their web site, so they cannot sell their domain names :razz:.

But the point is, who can fairly determine which company is providing value and which one is not? :confused:

Anyway, as a victim of Ultsearch and other big boys, I sure will sign the petition if there's any :).

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At times like these I feel almost that WLS is a welcomed friend to end this mastermind to control the internet little by little

WRONG!!

ULTSEARCH can beat you bad ad even worse when WLS happens too. It is just a different method of getting names. Go check all 2 and 3 letter sweet domains all of them are already snapped !! even the ones with a 4 months to expire dates are snapped. You morons still think that when WLS comes you COULD use your snaps.

WLS is good for you, IF AND ONLY IF you can snap it and that is the point where the problem begins

Frontline

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Heh that guy owns my old domain name gamehut.com :(

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lord Baltimore Does anyone have an idea on what is Ult Search's #1 domain?

I was surprised to see they got 3G.com, likely on a drop earlier this year.

It may not be #1 but is one of their most valuable names. At the height of the 3G heyday I hear the owner rejected a 1 million $ offer for it. How could it have dropped anyway?

I may be wrong on this but I think Ult goes more for quantity than quality. Most of their names seem to be mid-grade.

BuyDomains.com may have similar quality and I hear they have more than 100,000 domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom