Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ummm.... whats the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Funny thing keeps happening... people submit offers @ my domain site (see sig) & then if I accept the offer & email them back I never end up closing the deal or they just don't email back...

Let's see..

tattoopictures.org
Offered $50, counter-offered with $120 which was accepted.
He actually paid for the item but I couldn't accept CC transactions @ the time so told him to wait until I set up a second Paypal account after all our other payment ideas didn't work out. Got my second account setup & emailed him several times with no response.

aussiejobs.com
Offered $900, accepted the offer through DSP script, waited several days without a response. Emailed him an acceptance email & got email returned by hotmail stating that email box is unavailable.

mensex.net
Offered $1500, accepted.... no response to any emails. This one doesn't bother me as much as I thought it may have been a bogus offer.

passports.cn & pregnancy-symptom.com
Offered $200 for passports.cn & $50 for pregnancy-symptom.com.

Counter-offered passports.cn with $500 & stated that they could have pregnancy-symptom.com for the list price of $5 & there was no need for the $50.

No response to my emails; I can understand that may not wanna pay the counter offer but there is still one domain they wanted that they can have for far less than they offered.

Multiple Names..
3 names totalling $25, offer accepted. No response to email acceptance.

Now is it just me or is something wrong here? Only thing I can think of is people may be finding it strange that the paypal address they pay to ([email protected]) is different than the email in the whois (my personal address).

Any thoughts?

Jazz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Purchasing of domain names appears to be similar to impulse buying. They see the domain..wow what a great name, I think I'll place an offer..they receive your counteroffer..well, it IS a good name, I think I'll pay the asking price..a few hours or a day goes by and the buyer has time to think...I don't think that name is all that good after all. Well that's my opinion on what could be happening...maybe some others will have different views.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That could be right, but still seems very strange.

Anyhow, I just got payment for those "Multiple Names.." ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom