Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Unauthorized forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I have an issue that I am unsure how to handle. I am getting a website built for CarComputers(dot)ca. I went into my registrar and was forwarding carputers(dot)ca to that upcoming site and I noticed that somehow, someway that domain was forwarded to laptopz(dot)ca. Since I have never heard of laptopz and have never made that change, I am trying to wrap my head around who could have done this.

Anyone help with tracking this? I have since changed my log in password.

upncomer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a domain transfer once with all of the previous owners info including name servers.
Perhaps this was the case.
If you just purchased it maybe it was transfered with the previous owners account details with it and that may be where the forwarding came from.
Just a thought :)

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen .ca transfers where after the transfer they still forward to the old sites. This might explain it if you bought the name from someone. If you fresh regged it, then it's a mystery.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts. I fresh registered it many months back. Oh well, it remains a mystery. I''l contact my registrar to see if they have a record of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom