Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

unbelievable wipo case, pure entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From their webpage it looks like they're a swiss army knife type of company that does everything but probably does nothing right. Digging right into the site, the only thing it looks like they offer is domain registration and a whole ton of plugging themselves and linking back and forth to themselves with various domains and even the same domain but different extentions.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ruth really shot herself in the foot, the knee, the thigh, the hand, the arm, the shoulder and just about everywhere else with all of her rhetoric.

What stood out most of all to me was the relevance of this in the footnote:

5. The Department of Commerce details the history of the U.S. Government’s role in "the birth and management of the Internet." In 1998, the Department of Commerce assumed responsibility for administering the non-military domain name infrastructure, in particular the privatization of the domain name system.

It seems that the DOC was stating indirectly that since the U.S. Gov birthed the Internet, they should be given some sort of special entitlement in their WIPO proceedings.

Sounds like complete rubbish.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That name rings a bell somewhere. Was she the lady on a wheelchair with a
sign something like "look what they did to me"?

muzie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. Just like reality TV only better and much more amusing.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow. That was nasty, but an interesting read. She said one thing that did stick out and I wonder if it's true ...

He remains silent on the fact that NetworkSolutions uses hundreds of domains with the actual word ‘InterNIC’ with different country extensions pointed directly to their web site.
While it seems clear that she did capitalize on the "Internic" trademark, I think it would be hypocritical for the DOC to ignore NetSol's similar behavior (if what she is factually correct).

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it would be hypocritical for the DOC to ignore NetSol's similar behavior

Not at all. You are forgetting how the domain name registration system developed... NSI was the sole contractor for registering domain names. That's not "hypocritical" - that's "licensed".

they're a swiss army knife type of company that does everything but probably does nothing right.

Okay... look for any reference to their "company" and "what they do" from any source other than their own websites. Try to find evidence that this company has ever done anything for anyone.

Now... think about their name.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That was an entertaining read.

My favorite quote would probably be
You are in no position to DARE, ‘remind’ me you will not accept my emails or that you won’t. YOU WILL ACCEPT EVERY GOD DAMNED EMAIL I SEND YOU WHETHER YOU WANT TO OR NOT. Are we clear on that?

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay... look for any reference to their "company" and "what they do" from any source other than their own websites. Try to find evidence that this company has ever done anything for anyone.

Now... think about their name.

I can't find any meaning of the name, other than the name Wyeth means "brave", but of course the spelling is different. The name means nothing really that I can think of, and definately doesn't associate with what type of business they appear to be into.

I found a TON of sites that say "sponsored by the wyith corp of hong kong" that all seem to have identical content. Dozens of domains (maybe more) with the same results in google with their name on it.

Their site also links to a number of other supposed "information" sites including an edu (institute of technology, wyith.edu) that forwards to a .com site. Also lots of domain forwards. Lots of country domains and at least one address of a building (the montreal address) known to offer a business address to anyone with a buck.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ruth really shot herself in the foot, the knee, the thigh, the hand, the arm, the shoulder

Not shot... "peppered" I believe, is what they call it in Texas.

I can't find any meaning of the name, other than the name Wyeth

...getting warmer.. keep thinking... you're almost there.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow... great find! I love the rankings of people who like to advertise that they are idiots!

"The acquisition of DomainAvenue.com in 2000 November brings Ms DiTucci's
American-style domain registration experience into Wyith group of companies."

What the $&#$ is "American-style domain registration"? She figured out how to click a "purchase" button in English??

"Ms DiTucci founded DomainAvenue.com in 1996 with a lean business model, "outsource all products and services whenever possible." "

Must be wonderful to be an employee there, with your boss bragging about how she's going to fire you as soon as she finds someone in a 3rd world country that will do your job for less pay.

"Ms DiTucci is fluent in English and Spanish and has a sound comprehension of all romance languages." Yeah... you can see that by the poor grammar and misspellings in her emails and complaint.

And I really didn't know that World War 3 was almost started over domains, with Jesse Jackson involved, because she bravely transferred the domains to a server in Hong Kong!!
"...positioned two super powers [China and the U.S.] in a face off over my 6 InterNIC registration domains."

As to what "wyith.com" actually does, it seems to be about a dozen people with advanced degrees who continuously write about how great they are for surviving the "2001 dot com crash"... that actually was in 2000. They seem to like to imply they are based in Hong Kong and other exotic cities, while it seems the WIPO panel found her operating out of her home in a bad section of New Jersey.

It also appears that DiTucci's own lawyer dropped her. Can't imagine why.

Doesn't "DiTucci" mean something like 'the ass' in French? Could this be a fake name?

This really was funny to read... THANK YOU!

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well there is a drug manufacturer in italy called Wyeth

wyith.com at one time was supposedly owned by Wyith R. Cheng, who now appears to have been recently hired by wyith inc. Something fishy there.

Wyith appears to also have been either hosting spammers or spamming themselves. Since I can't find any site that is simply hosted by them and not owned by them I would assume they were the spammers themselves.

Dr cheng thought he could get rich early in 1996...
Homepage design $450 (450kb), $100 per additional 100kb Website maintenance and design $1900 per month

Further checking breaks it down to a bunch of spam in wyith's early business ventures. Spam regarding web design and hosting, pump and dump stock spam. There also seems to be some connection with ICQ hacking that tells users they can register a domain at wyith for free. Spam from asiabusiness (owned by wyith) for "unlimited" hosting that is limited to 500MB per year.

Further searches show that wyith domains were hosted by other companies who in turn had netblocks added to spews/ORB etc, presumably because their own IP's were already blocked because of spam.

There may also be some involvement with phishing for online banking information as well. The records are too old to confirm now but the domain does appear to have been hosted by wyith.

I also found a huge amount of name servers associated with wyith. I assume they were used to try and avoid filters.

All of this wonderful info is available on the net for free, and she was worried about WIPO giving her a bad name?

I am unable to find the meaning of "wyith" unless it means spam or scam.

However I did find a relation to the writer Tash Hughes. His name appears on a spidered ws_ftp log as uploading some files to wyith.net.

Anyways, it's been fun looking up all this info, but I need to get back to reality now ;)

Ovicide

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dave Zan said:
That name rings a bell somewhere.

She's been discussed here before, but it was two or three years ago.

The web site is a virtual masterpiece.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well there is a drug manufacturer in italy called Wyeth

Not just Italy.

Wyeth one of the largest pharma companies on the planet.

This is what I like to call psycho-squatting. Rather than simply cybersquat, the psychosquatter builds what they think looks like something "real" around the name. But upon inspection, it looks like some psychotic version of reality.

Here's another weird variation on the theme:

www.cencourse.com

They filed a TM application for "GMAIL" at the same time that Google announced GMAIL, and they've been pretending to be a real company ever since.

As you browse cencourse.com, again, the goal is to find out "what do they really do".

If you don't want to browse cencourse.com, then you MUST SEE their promo video:

http://www.cencourse.com/images/gmail_small.mov

Their slogan is a psychotic tip-off.... "Imagine your world" Yes, imagine your world along with an imaginary company imagining that it sells imaginary products.

And then, one of my absolutely favorite fake companies of all time, was a signatory to the gTLD-MoU:

http://www.itu.int/net-itu/gtld-mou/signat-d.htm

If you so much as mention his company anywhere, he will threaten to sue you.

Josh

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If wyith.com is a fake site...and someone (she) spent all that time developing it out with a fake set of board of directors complete with photos and biographies...and all the subsections, wow thats a lot of work. Even if its all fake, that's a lot of writing, the pdf files and "documents". If all that is true, that woman is a true and utter psycho.

My god, if you did all that for a fake site, why not invest the same number of hours into a real venture and have something besides a fake front. Something that produces revenue for example, instead of squatting on a name.

Josh

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I want to out-psycho the psycho! Who is with me?

I need some fake 'WIPO' panelist, as I send her a fake WIPO for Wyith.com. And I need an imaginary 'partner' but with a real email address, so I can send an email to my 'partner' about how we had been hired by the "Feds" and Paully Shore to take the name from her, and her email address is 'accidentally' included in the CC list. Lots of references to 'listening devices' and 'neighborhood cameras', and they our greatest fear is that she'll directly contact George Bush, who already hates is and will kill our project if he finds out.

The response will be priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom