Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

uniques

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooManyDomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was curious to know some of the best ways to handle domains that get a lot of uniques, but few clicks.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm testdriving new template due to the same concern, not sure it will work tho on these naughty nonclikers :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We must ask ourselves why anybody would click on an ad. I never have. I have parked pages too. But realisticly, why click an ad? I think only noobs do it, until they learn to surf. I may have in my first year or two. I can't remember.
I never watch commercials either.:eek:k:

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

It depends on the type of page, site, domain, etc. There are many variables involved.

Try to look at the page or site objectively and see how you can add things or change things to improve the CTR (click-through rate), then do some experimenting.

Good luck,

Kevin

DomainName

Live, Eat, Breathe Names
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of variables that determine if your uniques will turn into clicks. You have to determine if:

1) a 1 click or 2 click page works better

2) If your using the proper keywords

3) Determine what your uniques want to find

4) the design of your layout

5) Many, many, many more variables.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Move it from parking company to parking company.

I have accounts at several and if one does not perform, I move it until I see some growth.

This is not an easy task as I will usually leave it for about 30 days.

Also, I never delete it from the previous parking company. You never know when or from what source and offer may come from.

LintonInvestments

Domain Investing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is important to understand who is coming to your site, and how they are getting there. Setup stats tracking with a tool like statcounter.com or Google Analytics. Then see how people are getting to your site.

If you notice a particular Google keyword is popular, then you can target your site much more towards that particular keyword subject.

You can also see if people link from a site with a particular theme or subject matter.

In general you want to get an idea in your head of what the user was looking for when they clicked on a link to come to your site (or typed it into the browser window if this is type-in traffic).

I've found by doing this and creating a custom parking page for my visitors I can increase the click-through rate by 2x-3x very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom