Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Unprofessional NameJet, sends my won name to public auction!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachbb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I won a $xxxx domain yesterday, paid immediately for it with my credit card.

Today I received an email from NameJet stating:

Dear NameJet Customer:

Please be advised we were unable to validate your account information for your account (Login ID: zachbb). As a result, we have temporarily disabled your account, issued credit on the following domain and will place the domain into a public auction.

I find this very unprofessional. Namejet should have contacted me first regarding the information they want! I won the domain, paid for it, and expected to get it.

Any feedback would be appreciated...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you probably should have had your cc and/or account info verified, long before you starting bidding on names there

that most likely would have prevented this occurance

did you check junk mail folders to ensure account verification emails did not get sent there?

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Time is of the essence here, as somebody winning that auction will only create more complications.

Do what I do, and threaten to litigate against them. Before that of course, get them to explain to you what it is about your account that could not be validated. They won't, but a threat of litigation, by my experience, gets whoever wronged, to get it right pretty fast.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Oh, and this, from what you've told me, is a breach of contract, unless namejet's TOS allows for them to "screw up" conveniently.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you a new account holder?

Have you won auctions before?

Are you NOT in good standing?

Anything in your account change since opening?

The issue seems to be that they are unable to validate you account which would make it seem that some of the information in your account has changed, credit card on file expired, or account restricted for past behavior.

Who knows.

The bottom line, I have quit namejet and snapnames for all their unfair practices and conflicts of interests that they just ignore and look the other way.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

you probably should have had your cc and/or account info verified, long before you starting bidding on names there
That is what I suspect as being the case or an old card expiration still listed on the account.

zachbb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies.

I am a new buyer, I am in good standing. They charged my credit card, so I really don't see what the problem would be.

I have not received any email from NameJet other than the notification that they are taking back my domain name, I checked the junk mail folders.

The amount spent (around $2000) was under their $2500 purchase limit for non-verified buyers, so I don't see why I should have had to verify my account. If they DID want me to verify my account, then they should have requested the verification documents, as opposed to just banning my account and transferring my name away from me.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The amount spent (around $2000) was under their $2500 purchase limit for non-verified buyers, so I don't see why I should have had to verify my account. If they DID want me to verify my account, then they should have requested the verification documents, as opposed to just banning my account and transferring my name away from me.

Not only that... but they shouldn't even have allowed you to bid at that amount, had they a problem with your verification status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom