Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Unused domains, what to do with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have 3 domain names i don't use, i wanna add some kind of sedo "thing" so i will have my domain another site with many links and every click i can get paid! How can i do that?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
go to sedo.com and set-up an account.

once your account is established,add your names to sedo's database,then redirect your domains to sedo ie: http://www.sedo.com/parking/****.com or set your dns to sedo.com

*** = your domain name

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
any other like sedo thing, i don¨t like sedo too litlle $$

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok,
thanks

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey openforsale.com, how does Domainhop.com pay out? That site looks a lot nicer than how sedo's look. Plus I also like how you can still use your own email address to keep the sales private.

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Doesn't pay much, but the pages look much better than with SEDO, so you get good clicks.

openforsale.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can place your own email address on the site for interested buyers to contact you direct.
You can also customize page title, the type of ads that will be shown and even the meta tags, etc. Good deal of flexibility.

Regd performance & payouts, there have been mixed reviews on this and other forums. Personally I am seeing better results than other PPC I have tried. I am earning in half a month what took 2 months at other places.

Give it a try and see if you like it. Maybe park a few of your best domains there and see how it goes. If you don't like the results, you can always move them back.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can park at afternic.com as well. there are several other sites the do PPC as well,but most require a minimum number of either domains (50-100) or traffic (1,000's of hits per month).

You could also set up an acount with the affilate sites like cj.com or linkshare.com and just develop a page with an appropriate product or products related to the domain. Or create a store at vstore.com and point your domains to that page.

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i don't have 50 domains, i use domainhop

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While the topic is relatively fresh... I parked a few domains at DomainHop a couple days ago and I am actually a bit surprised at the number of uniques being generated. Are the uniques at DomainHop typical, based upon what I might see if I had little or no SEO? Or does the fact I have multiple sites linked together in thier system affect those numbers? I guess what I am asking is, are the number of uniques I am seeing while parked at DH what I could expect if I didnt park the domains at all?

Stuart.

thekingz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok parking you domain at this place like domainhop whats it for them to use while i not use fro making money on adds or what! and once a time i think of useing a daomin can i remove it a then use it??

Thanks also do they pay useing paypal any form adds :)

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is what I like to do to double my click pleasure:

1) Develop the site into a simple one pager "this site is for sale type" website.

2) Add some google adsense to it

3) Throw in a couple links to some of your other sites to possibly get them some more exposure.

4) Add a "visit here to make an offer" type link and have that go to your sedo parking page.

Doing these things can double your click performance and advertise your other sites a little, maximizing your parking potential with little to no maintenance.

Example of one of mine is www.ToutForum.com

Good luck and let me know your thoughts

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is what I like to do to double my click pleasure:

1) Develop the site into a simple one pager "this site is for sale type" website.

2) Add some google adsense to it

3) Throw in a couple links to some of your other sites to possibly get them some more exposure.

4) Add a "visit here to make an offer" type link and have that go to your sedo parking page.

Doing these things can double your click performance and advertise your other sites a little, maximizing your parking potential with little to no maintenance.
good idea, good work at toutforum.com

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting ... I would like to know if this is true?

openforsale.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JEsports has the right idea. Even a single page makes a world of difference compared to an empty shell of a domain.

Here are couple of minisites I setup.

GoogleWebsite.com
CarsSeller.com

As you can see, it does not have to be something very fancy. One took me about 40 minutes to set up.
The best part is you can even earn commissions through the affiliate links you have. :eek:k:

IT Web Team is right. Adsense has certain restrictions on sites that use their ads.

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We are going out of topic don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom