Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale upcoming drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is it me or are the next 2 drops coming up phenomenal?? I saw 2 or 3 two charecter names in there along with a slew of dictionary words. Hmmmmm makes me wonder....

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
these pale compared to the previous years. Looking over some of the dict names sites before they dropped you can tell they were owned by a domainer. I wondered about that. Perhaps sloppy Canadian Presence ?

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking what jack is thinking - too many of the same type/niche domain all dropping at the same time to be a coincidence. Somebody got themselves caught by the looks of it. Their loss is our gain though.

MyQuote

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd rather not mention this but maybe they passed.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because the .ca registry originally started offering domains in big auctions that all took place in jan/feb years ago the drops tend to be much bigger and richer over the next 60 days as domains expire and some don't renew. :)

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
didn't know that :D

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
in .ca if you die, your family cannot resume ownership. This does not apply however to incorporated business's.

Wasn't able to find anything at CIRA saying this?? They do refer to the death of a registrar and they do discuss the legal representative ie mary smith legal representative for estate of john smith which would be a normal estate process for an executor.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just looked again and found what you state above. That was amended in the 3rd quarter of 2006. May have been updated.

I remember seeing the statement in 2005 and had concern at the time considering most of my names were registered personally. To protect my wife after reading this I had registered my name as a biz and try to keep my wife in tune with where my assets are and how to manage them. I also try to show her how to quickly appraise them in the event she needs to sell some off or offers come in. At the same time I let her know where the traffic revenue comes in and how to dispurse the revenue to maintain reg-fee's.

Unfortunately she doesnt enjoy the managing part of this business. She does however light up when I show her the cash coming in. But without knowing what is what it wouldnt take long for others to take advantage with offers. As a backup I gave her a personal name of a trusted domainer to get advice from.

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just looked again and found what you state above. That was amended in the 3rd quarter of 2006. May have been updated.

I remember seeing the statement in 2005 and had concern at the time considering most of my names were registered personally. To protect my wife after reading this I had registered my name as a biz and try to keep my wife in tune with where my assets are and how to manage them. I also try to show her how to quickly appraise them in the event she needs to sell some off or offers come in. At the same time I let her know where the traffic revenue comes in and how to dispurse the revenue to maintain reg-fee's.

Unfortunately she doesnt enjoy the managing part of this business. She does however light up when I show her the cash coming in. But without knowing what is what it wouldnt take long for others to take advantage with offers. As a backup I gave her a personal name of a trusted domainer to get advice from.

Very wise words and thanks for sharing.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so far the LL.ca's are bid at 1k plus
the NN.ca is bid at 500

other good names in the bidding are pharmaceutical, whistlerhotels, medication, lawns, cne, nicole, madonna, b2, savemoney, rvrental - and many more, lots of LLL.ca too.

and these bids are only at one registrar.

quite an impressive drop list, sure there will be lots of competition this week.

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If siber gets op i bet i gets bid over 3k.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it looks like the names get dropped on Wed, and the bidding at Siber ends on Thursday. Is this a new format for them? After the Cira drop Wed, you'll know if Siber got the names - this will probably lead to higher bidding because you know for sure you'll get the name if you win. Before you'd bid but even if you were highest, another drop catcher might have got the name anyway.

On another note...

just saw pentictonhomes.ca is up for auction at Sedo, currently at $2,500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom