Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Update on Enom Redirection Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom now acknowledges that sites using their nameservers and redirecting to folders elsewhere are not reachable from any ISP that depends on AT&T's backbone. This includes Cox and Comcast. It also includes lots of .gov sites. Here's the word that I got from Amin Taheri in tech support

"The problem is that anyone who is going through the att network (such as cox, comcast, @home, attbi, etc.) are not able to get to sites that use the redirector. This is becuase ATT is blocking access to the sites due to a few phishing sites that were up on the redirector servers. We are working with them to get this resolved but we are at their mercy as to a time line."

Later he said "unfortunately we have to wait for internap and att to get this resolved between themselves"

I suggested:

"It seems like one thing enom could do is to add some new i.p. addresses that are not contiguous with the ones that are blocked, and map the servers to these addresses. That way the internet would route around the block. You'd want to be sure that all of the phishing sites were taken down first, of course."

He replied:

"Thanks, but we already have 16 servers in non contiguous IP spaces, as well in different parts of the country and using different ISPs. Believe me, this will get taken care of, but either way enom can not make this go any faster, this is now an issue between att and internap."

The bottom line is that if you have any high income domains that depend on enom's nameservers you should move them somewhere else for now.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
healingsites said:
Click on the little envelope icon labeled "Request Help"

It's a little confusing at first.

or if you prefer the phone
Phone: 425.274.4500 Option #3

or
fly to Sea-Tac Airport, then
1- Take the WA-518 EAST ramp towards SEATTLE(I-5)/TACOMA/(I-405).
2- Merge onto WA-518 E.
3- Take I-405 N towards RENTON/BELLEVUE.
4- Merge onto I-405 N.
5- Take the I-90 EAST exit.
6- Merge on I-90 EAST.
7- Take the 148TH AVE SE exit.
8- Continue on 148TH AVE SE.
9- Continue on 148TH AVE NE.
10- Turn Right on BEL RED RD/BEL-RED RD/NE BELLEVUE REDMOND RD.
11- Bear Right on NE 20TH ST.
12- Turn Left on 156th AVE NE.
13- Take the first Right into Unigard Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom