Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Upset at GODADDY TACTICS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I called Godaddy today because several of my german names where no resolving to their name servers. I was trying to swich them over to parkingsite's DNS but kept getting errors from the registrar. I call Godaddy up and they helped me nicely, which was appreciate.

The problem comes when after the problem is solved they tried to stuff sales pitch and domain renewals down my throat. I have about 60 domain names and the guy wanted me to renew them all for 5 years!!! He had the nerve to tell me that it would help with Page Rank and google ranks and all that crap (Can someone verify if this is true or not, thanks).

But here's what TRUELY PISSED ME OFF:angry: . 10 minutes later I check my names, and they had all been switched over to Godaddy's DNS with their new Google syndication links on there??!!! In less then 10 minutes all the names had resolved to their servers. It takes a few days for any other server I add. Is this Godaddy's new marketing ploy??? When did Godaddy start placing ads on their parking pages? Has this happened to anyone else??? Godaddy needs to change their customer service because it seems to be their business plan--- low prices while trying to get people to sign up for extra things.

Any opinions or comment is very much welcomed.

Domain Days 2024

M90

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
avalon426 said:
I have about 60 domain names and the guy wanted me to renew them all for 5 years!!! He had the nerve to tell me that it would help with Page Rank and google ranks and all that crap (Can someone verify if this is true or not, thanks).
GoDaddy were recently running a special offer where you could bulk order domains for a ridiculously low price of around $4.75 per domain per year. Pretty good value, if you want it.

The page rank thing is sort of true. Google decided that domains which were only registered for a year were probably going to be used by spammers (since that's what many of them do -- spam with a domain then burn it), so Google give more weight (apparently) to domains which have been registered for a longer period of time, for example, five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom