Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Urgent Advice Needed on E-Commerce Software | Online Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua84

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I really would appreciate some guidance on what is the best software to use.

I have almost made my mind up on AJ Square which seems simple enough for me to use and interlink my merchant payment gateway.

I thought I would reachout to others on DNF and see if you guys had any better ideas on a great e-commerce online shopping software before I go and make the investment with AJ Square.

Look forward to recieving all comments.

Cheers
W

Domain summit 2024

loyalrogue

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hands down, the best opensource shopping cart software we've found is OpenCart.
http://www.opencart.com

We've used several opensource and commercial shopping carts for our clients, and so far it's the best we've found.
I like that it's easy to customize, and the clients like that it's easy to learn/use.
It's a win-win, and no monthly or yearly license fees.

Although we are still using 1.4.9 on our sites, the latest 1.5 stable version just came out and now that they've added a built-in affiliate program, and global product options including customer file uploads (which is missing on most carts), it's just like icing on the cake.
If your host has softaculous or fantastico you should be able to do a quick and easy install of 1.5 from there in 2 minutes.
My advice is try it out before dropping $300-$1000 on a single year of AJ.

cerno

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ubercart is a good open source shopping cart solution

I would never license AJ or suggest a client to license a product like that. No matter how good a product is, there is always something you want tweaked immediately or down the road after you are operating and you don't want a single source for customization work

with Drupal there are hundreds of developers to fix something for a client if I don't have the time, it is a safer solution for everyone

SEOxperts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hands down, the best opensource shopping cart software we've found is OpenCart.
http://www.opencart.com

We've used several opensource and commercial shopping carts for our clients, and so far it's the best we've found.
I like that it's easy to customize, and the clients like that it's easy to learn/use.
It's a win-win, and no monthly or yearly license fees.

Although we are still using 1.4.9 on our sites, the latest 1.5 stable version just came out and now that they've added a built-in affiliate program, and global product options including customer file uploads (which is missing on most carts), it's just like icing on the cake.
If your host has softaculous or fantastico you should be able to do a quick and easy install of 1.5 from there in 2 minutes.
My advice is try it out before dropping $300-$1000 on a single year of AJ.

Good suggestion, OpenCart is really simple to use. I also suggest looking at OSCommerce, very good e-commerce software, just a shame they don't have many versions like opencart.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use BigCommerce and recommend them and use them personally: www.rkdefense.com use my link below to check them out for a free trial.

Aqua84

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom