Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Urgent advice needed Please !

Status
Not open for further replies.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have the domains rolexreplica.co.uk,replicarolex.co.uk,fakerolex.co .uk and fake-rolex.co.uk.

Rolex own every other tld .com,.net,biz etc.

I have had at threatning letter of their solicitors in London regarding handing them over,so i called them and got this response and they are willing to pay reasonable sum for me to hand them over rather than go through all the legal issues,i told them i will not sell for as low as a 1k but neither will i ask for 100k.

They want a figure buy tommorrow,what would i should ask for ?

All advice really appreciated.Thanks !

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ask 20k for the bunch , then take what you can get from them, just my opinion, good luck!

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not a lawyer, but if you make them an offer, it shows that you somewhow intended to make money out of their trademark therefore it might not be very difficult for them to get the domain. To hire a lawyer for them doesn't cost much for you it might be a fourtune. Just my 2 cents.

eabigelow

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I would A) get a lawyer to negotiate for you and B) ask for less than it would cost them to hire lawyers.

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You don't want to mess with Rolex's lawyers. Their lawyers also represent Louis Vuitton and other name brand companies. Take anything or nothing, but get out without a lawsuit

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what is there to negotiate... rolex is a trademark, you lose.

don't be greedy or else you might end up in a really bad situation, which could of been avoided in the first place. most domainers will simply hand over the domain once contacted by somebody as big and powerful as rolex for example when dealing with one of their tm'd domains.... you on the other hand my friend are playing with fire.

whatever they are offering you, take it and run away with it... this could get ugly. replicas.... trademark....... ouch!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. You are in dangerous waters.
Be careful if you submit a counteroffer as they may use the fact against you to prove you are attempting to extort money from them.

Anyway it is in the interest of both parties to avoid proceedings but IMHO you stand to lose everything. Avoid being sued or UDRPed ! You don't have a chance. It may cost you dear and I don't think they worry about the legal costs since they have their in-house lawyers to deal with all the brand-related issues.
My advice is to ask them to submit an offer for the bunch (so as to indemnify you for the registration costs etc), accept it and close the file !

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sdsinc said:
I agree. You are in dangerous waters.
Be careful if you submit a counteroffer as they may use the fact against you to prove you are attempting to extort money from them.

Anyway it is in the interest of both parties to avoid proceedings but IMHO you stand to lose everything. Avoid being sued or UDRPed ! You don't have a chance. It may cost you dear and I don't think they worry about the legal costs since they have their in-house lawyers to deal with all the brand-related issues.
My advice is to ask them to submit an offer for the bunch (so as to indemnify you for the registration costs etc), accept it and close the file !

Their lawyers are outsourced to a London company,anyway easy way to drag my heels,transfer the domain to an offshore holding company which can be set up for a couple of hundred and let them sue that,it will take time and money whatever the outcome anyway they would prefer it to be dealt without any proceedings.

snicksnack said:
I am not a lawyer, but if you make them an offer, it shows that you somewhow intended to make money out of their trademark therefore it might not be very difficult for them to get the domain. To hire a lawyer for them doesn't cost much for you it might be a fourtune. Just my 2 cents.

Not really,what would happen if i were located in your country where all the rolex fakes come from er they could not exactly sue me in china the capital of the world snides LOL !

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I were you, I would just keep posting more and more about it on public boards. Make sure you post all the details that might help their case. Don't leave anything out. In the end, you'll show them who is smarter.

Shaun

kfordahl

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For about $1500 and three hours of their lawyer's time, they can file a UDRP with WIPO or NAF and get all the domains wherever you might be located, or wherever you might be pretending to be located. You've received some good advice in this thread...I hope you take it.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but hey, if they asked you what you want for these domains first... :)

SuperBrandables

SuperBrandables.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These companies have better things in their hands to do than to spend, time, resources and efforts suing someone for a domain.

Negotiate in good faith. Don't panic. It's really not that big a deal. I would ask then for an offer first, then counter offer. If you can get around $5K, I would take it.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help and advice,i have agreed a figure which is confidential as you appreciate but its not to high but pays for the odd beer or two !

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
good luck to you..... lets hope you get out alive! :wink:

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No one here gets out alive :)

Graham Easton

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tell them you want a watch. Preferably one with gold in it.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:

The Doors.

britishbulldog said:
Their lawyers are outsourced to a London company,anyway easy way to drag my heels,transfer the domain to an offshore holding company which can be set up for a couple of hundred and let them sue that

What in the world are you thinking??

While you can hide yourself, you can't hide your domains. Your domains will be frozen the moment your registrar gets a notice from their lawyers, which can happen in matter of few days. Then you will lose all the domains in the proceedings. Simple as that. Don't play stupid. Ask for 100 quid and be thankful if you get it.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if the names were fakewatches / replicawatches you'd have a both legs to stand on, with 'rolex' in the domains you have no legs .. take anything they give you and say 'thank you'

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom