Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Urgent Answer Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjiboy90

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello There... is there anyone that can answer the following questions:

1) My laptop currently has windows xp pro on it. I want to install Windows Vista RC1 on it. Someone told me when you install it, and keep XP on the PC, Windows Vista shares all the files and programs from XP. is this true? and if it is, can I make it so Vista doesnt share the files and its completely seperate?

2) If I dont want XP on my current machine, and decide just to have vista on it? does that mean I can use the XP Product Key for another computer as its not being used on the laptop? Or can I use my XP Key on two machines at the same time?

3) Is it a good idea to take XP off the laptop and just have Vista running off it?

Thanks Everyone

Domain Days 2024

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. You can create a dual boot system, in this way you can decide during startup if vista or xp should run. It can be installed in a way that it does not share the programs currently installed under xp.

2. If you remove the xp product from your laptop, you can install the products on another computer and use the licence key there.

3. Vista is still beta, so I would not take a current "stable" system off and replace it with something which has even more bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom