Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Urgent - check your Godaddy names !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bought a dropped name at TDNAM back in January - not a great name, didn't think anything else of it. My usual routine is, as soon as it hits my account, I park it. Can't remember or trace having done that on this occasion, but it would be highly unusual if I hadn't done so.

So, today I post the name in appraisals, and it was pointed out 'why don't you park it'? - I check and it's not showing in my account. I do a whois and it shows Godaddys details, and it's displaying a Godaddy lander.

A couple of weeks back I was PM'd by a DNF member who'd bought a name from me, saying that the name showed Godaddy's details. I checked back and found the emails showing that the name had been pushed correctly, so the problem in this case occurred after the push. I've since checked and the whois has now been changed back to the new owners details.

So, this is the same Godaddy that cancelled someones domain name because it didn't have the correct whois email address - and here they are, holding and profiting from other peoples names...

The problem with my name cannot be anyones fault but theirs, as the name came to me through TDNAM - or rather should've come to me...I'm waiting on their reply.

I would advise anyone who has bought a name from TDNAM, or recieved a name that has been pushed within Godaddy, to check the whois on those names, pronto....

This is just the latest in a growing list of balls-ups from Godaddy.

To be continued:

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TDNAM holds domains in GoDaddy's account for 2 weeks after a sale, before the transfer is completed. That's standard with them.

If you were looking during this period, the domains would point to a generic GD lander and show the incorrect whois until it's transfer is complete.

Perhaps that is what you are referring to?

GoPC

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TDNAM holds domains in GoDaddy's account for 2 weeks after a sale, before the transfer is completed. That's standard with them.

If you were looking during this period, the domains would point to a generic GD lander and show the incorrect whois until it's transfer is complete.

Perhaps that is what you are referring to?

GoPC

I'm aware of that - this name was won on 17Jan07, should've hit my account 31Jan07

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the old owner reclaimed the domain in the 2 week waiting period. Your money should have been refunded if that was the case. I think that is allowed by godaddy, and is why there is a waiting period. Otherwise they would just give you the name right away.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not understanding...Did you change the nameservers originally?

Is the name actually in your account now? Please let me know.

I have bought a few names from TDNAM.com and have not had this problem...the only problem I have had is that they sold me a name they did not have control over...It was a glitch in their system when someone transferred the name to another registrar...and they did not take note and sold the name via auction.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Check your account history for a credit of the purchase price within 2 weeks of the auction. Old owner most likely reclaimed the name. BTW do they charge a fee to reclaim?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Yes, and they earn revenue off your domain before they release it to you.:yes:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just because they say two weeks I have had some in the past take a month or better.

But we are into March so there is an issue somewhere. I am just not liking what I am hearing or reading lately and perhaps need to speed up all my transfers out.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the old owner reclaimed the domain in the 2 week waiting period.

No, this is not the case with these names.

I'm not understanding...Did you change the nameservers originally?

Is the name actually in your account now? Please let me know.

I have bought a few names from TDNAM.com and have not had this problem...the only problem I have had is that they sold me a name they did not have control over...It was a glitch in their system when someone transferred the name to another registrar...and they did not take note and sold the name via auction.

The name is not in my account.

Check your account history for a credit of the purchase price within 2 weeks of the auction. Old owner most likely reclaimed the name. BTW do they charge a fee to reclaim?

I have just had an email from TDNAM support, claiming that the name was never paid for, due to a chargeback from Paypal. These names were paid for at the same time as some other names I bought, which later turn out to have been owned by someone who had the sense to transfer out to Moniker....

TDNAM charged my Paypal account without authorization, before the 48 hr payment window was up (in fact some of the names had been won less than 24 hrs previous). I instructed my acc rep to cancel the (unauthorized) Paypal and to charge my credit card. This he duly did, and obviously the payment was made. The following day, TDNAM lied by telling me that the previous owner of some of the names (not the ones in question here) had been reclaimed. This was not the case, as they were reg'd at Moniker and should never have been on sale at TDNAM as expired names.

Hence, my credit card was (partially) refunded. I calculated at the time that I was approx $35 down because of the USD/GBP exchange rate, due to TDNAM / Godaddys incompetance. I put it down to experience and the fact it wasn't worth my time chasing it !!!

Now these twats are saying that they have not been paid for the names...

If that was the case, how come one of the names they claim I never paid for, was in my account for 3 weeks before I sold it to a DNF member and pushed it to his account?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Bob Parsons thanks you for your contribution to his ever-growing collection of earrings.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TDNAM charged my Paypal account without authorization
Yup, the SAME TDNAM that made an unauthorized refund from my PayPal account to someone who paid for a domain name I sold, ignored all emails that I and TDNAM sent, and three months AFTER the domain expired contacted TDNAM and told them that I refused to transfer the domain name.

Not once did I ever hear a peep from this buyer, not once did the buyer ever respond or contact me, and not once did TDNAM contact me to discuss this issue or to even check the records.

They simply went into my PayPal account and made an unauthorized withdrawal of funds to give this ass back $60.00 over a domain name that had expired almost 90 days previously.

Yeah, that same TDNAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom