Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Urgent help! Domain expired....

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSNet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of selling a domain name to a client and the name expired today (nov. 16th). I currently use name cheap and the website is still up. Is there anyway I can recover this domain name? Thanks!

John

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
where is it registered and how long has it actually been since you did not renew it? did it "delete" today or just "expire" if its still showing in your account you should be able to renew it no prob although you might have to pay a small fee depending on the registrar...or reseller..I had an issue with a reseller for enom one time that would not let me renew recently expired domains so i just emailed enom directly and the renewed them for me..you have at LEAST two weeks mininum and normally more like 30 days before you lose the name..don't freak out...even after that theres something called "redemption period" where you pay between $40-$120 to get it back..but thats more tricky and you can still lose it then..I recently caught a dropped name that they thought they got out of redemption...best thing it not to let them get to that point! Let us know the details and how you make out..hope this helps.. :)

Chris

FSNet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I paid the 8.88 and renewed the name but it still isn't showing up in my account... hmm... im awaiting a response from namecheap in the morning. I hope this works out. thanks!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you got a confirm email from the renew then you are fine...and if it was less than 30 days since you did not pay the annual renewal fee (from that orig. anniversary/reg day) then you are 100% fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom