Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Urgent - HELP needed on TM issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranked Up

RankedUp.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought the domain FLYIJET.com on pool.com's marketplace.

I have been approached by a lawyer saying the FLYI is a registered trademark.

According to the US patent and trademark office the trademark FLYI is registered in relation to a number of different services.
The most relevant service to use the FLYI trademark is as follows:

IC 038. US 100 101 104. G & S: PROVIDING AN INTERNET WEB SITE OF INFORMATION REGARDING AIR TRANSPORTATION AND MATTERS OF INTEREST TO AIR TRAVELERS, AND MULTIPLE-USER ACCESS THERETO

I have said that I will not display such information on the site, however they are still trying to claim ownership of the domain.

What should I do?

HELP (urgent)

Bonnag

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they've been eyeing that for a long time, and prepared in case
this happens.

Why'd you get that domain? How do you intend to use it?

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you want to save the domain, I'd recommend you to :
1.- Setup some content of your site, it should be totally unrelated to the trademark.
2.- Put a disclaimer that clearly states you are not, and not related, nor sponsored nor affiliate, nothing, nada, zero related to the trademark.
3.- If they have their own website put a link to them to lead people to the "correct place".

After all this, you're chances to survive a WIPO complaint will increase like 10% :)

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say, but in almost all cases they always go on the side of the tm holder! else there is little point for paying for a tm!

I suggest doing what fischermx said, and ask if that satisfies them. If they continue to approch you, if your rich fight it. Else give up the name! Not Really too worth the legal battle imho!

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
According to the US patent and trademark office the trademark FLYI is registered

No, that's not what the database says. Not a single one of those records indicates a registration.

Pet peeve #362

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom