Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

URGENT HELP NEEDED! Would do I do...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nparkin0

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ok so here it is - I am not including all details at the time but will reveal all within the week for those who are interested.

Basically what would happen if I won a domain with website on ebay for say $250 and then the seller refused to hand it over because he wanted more for it (Say he wanted $1 million)

There was a legal disclosure in the actual auction effectively saying that the winner is buying the domain name, website and all intellectual property rights (but not a company or corporation)

Anyone have any oppinions of what I should do and what rights I have??
Is it a legally binding contract I can enforce in court? Or do I not have a case?

Thanks in advance.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
eBay, and Sedo and Afternic too, are not licensed auctioneers, and they don't enforce sales. Their so-called auctions are not real auctions, but rather more akin to glorified For Sale ads.

You could sue the seller, but is unlikely a judge would force such a sale. Not saying it can't be done, but it would likely be a costly, difficult fight.

There are so many compelling arguments the seller could make ... didn't see the agreement, didn't click on it, didn't understand it, etc; was no "meeting of the minds" regarding the sale.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom