Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Urgent. How to get screen shot in XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very urgent!
How do I get a screen shot in Win Xp?

Any help greately apreciated, many thanks in advance!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure but I can get one for you with a little screen capture prog I have if you want to PM me with details.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
press the print screen button on your keyboard then go to mspaint or a picture program and press ctrl V or go to edit and the paste

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
www.irfanview.com is what I use for screen captures (can also capture just a single window, etc.). You can then use it for cropping the resulting image, before saving. Options--->Capture to start the process in that program.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"PrtScn" (print screen) button on your keyboard.

This captures it. Then you have to open Paint, or Photoshop, and Paste it.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr. W helped me so much, I cant thank him enough. He actually did the capture for me.

But for the future it would be interesting to learn.

I keep pressing the 'prtscr' button, but where is the file, what is it called??? etc....?
thanks!

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
Mr. W helped me so much, I cant thank him enough. He actually did the capture for me.

But for the future it would be interesting to learn.

I keep pressing the 'prtscr' button, but where is the file, what is it called??? etc....?
thanks!

when you press the print screen button it doesnt save it to anywhere, it basicly just copies the image of your screen into memory (like doing a copy in ms word) you need to open a program such as ms paint and the go to edit => paste then the image will appear

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks.

it looks like it kind of works!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
.....I keep pressing the 'prtscr' button, but where is the file, what is it called??? etc....?thanks!

Print Screen is probably the least understood function,though it is basically very simple what with key copying and then pasting. I have been using PC's heavily since my Apple 2e circa 1982 and first IBM XT about 1983 and just figured out how to use last mo thanks to another dnf member!

Confusion is caused by the key being mislabeled by IBM as PrintScrn (and everyone waits forever for it to print the screen) when it should have said CopyScrn.

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
Print Screen is probably the least understood function,though it is basically very simple what with key copying and then pasting. I have been using PC's heavily since my Apple 2e circa 1982 and first IBM XT about 1983 and just figured out how to use last mo thanks to another dnf member!

Confusion is caused by the key being mislabeled by IBM as PrintScrn (and everyone waits forever for it to print the screen) when it should have said CopyScrn.

It was not a mistake, in the non GUI days, it did print the screen to the the printer. It was with Windows and GUI interfaces it changed to 'snapshot' the screen to a buffer/clipboard instead. Microsoft changed the function of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom