Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

URL Forwarding Bypass Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As some of you are aware Moniker.com charges for URL forwarding. I need to forward roughly 700+ Moniker.com hosted domains to the same url. There is not a chance I'm going to pay for this service, as it would cost $4,600+ ($6 per URL forwarding). Is there a work around for setting this up (that does not breach Moniker.com's terms of use)? My server admin skills are poor, hence the question.

Last edited:

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't pay for URL forwarding at Moniker. Maybe I have some special type of account? (If so, you could certainly get the same type of account, as you have more domains than I do.)

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are ok with just setting up all the dns records to point to the same IP rather than forwarding the urls, Moniker does have dns templates. You can setup 1 template with a specific set of records that all point to the same ip, then select all the domains you want pointed there, and assign them to moniker's dns, then set them all to that template. For this to work, the site you want them all to forward to should be the default page for the server, rather than the default apache test page (or whatever server you are using)

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'll look into both options. Hopefully they'll waive the fee since I have 800+ domains hosted there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom