Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

URL Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can someone from Moniker explain why URL forwarding takes up to 12 hours to activate now, all the while your domain is conveniently pointing to a Moniker parking page.

I can remember when it used to be almost instant, in fact I can't see any reason why it couldn't be updated by a script once an hour at the most, unless there's a technical explanation for it?

No I'm not talking about DNS for those of you who don't know the difference :)

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can someone from Moniker explain why URL forwarding takes up to 12 hours to activate now, all the while your domain is conveniently pointing to a Moniker parking page.

I can remember when it used to be almost instant, in fact I can't see any reason why it couldn't be updated by a script once an hour at the most, unless there's a technical explanation for it?

Hey VirtualT - Setting up URL forwarding IS instant. It doesn't/shouldn't take 12 hours to activate. Please call support or open a help ticket. Client Services will assist you!

Thanks

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey VirtualT - Setting up URL forwarding IS instant.

Your tech support doesn't seem to think so:

We checked the url forwarding settings for xxx.co.nz, and it is pointing to http://xxx.tv, the domain has also been added to the url forwarding template. Please allow up to 12 hours for the url forwarding to work.

David

It doesn't/shouldn't take 12 hours to activate. Please call support or open a help ticket. Client Services will assist you!

Thanks

I did, 2 days ago...

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your tech support doesn't seem to think so:

We checked the url forwarding settings for xxx.co.nz, and it is pointing to http://xxx.tv, the domain has also been added to the url forwarding template. Please allow up to 12 hours for the url forwarding to work.

David

I did, 2 days ago...

Hey David - was this resolved?

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

It may be a cached DNS record at your ISP. You can check by accessing the URL through a proxy service.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It may be a cached DNS record at your ISP. You can check by accessing the URL through a proxy service.

Go and read the last part of the first post again, carefully...:rolleyes:

Hey David - was this resolved?

No this is not resolved!

Your technical support seems increasingly incompetent and its starting to piss me off, now Moniker has been getting free hits off my domain for 7 days!

the last message I got from tech support (Carla) was:

Hello Kris,

The name is indeed resolving.

Please clear your cache and try again.

~Carla

You don't friggin say? I know it's resolving... its been resolving to Moniker parking for the past week instead of my url forward, another one that apparently doesn't know the difference... :upset:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom