Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

URLTRENDS on SEDO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have somewhat of a gripe with URLTRENDS and request that SEDO remove this service or request that the ISSUES are sorted.

It is clear the URLTRENDS makes money from SEDO, however I can not stomach the methods in which this company is trying to make more money from SEDO members.

This issue I have is that I listed a website on SEDO for sale, and went back to check on the sales page. I noted the "View Ranking Report", so clicked and was displayed some stats about my site.

Accordingly it had no ranking for a PR4 site, the back links were non existent, as was the ALEXA ranking.

So clicked update, and I was met with a page asking for payment to update the details.

Surely, if SEDO expect the data to be somewhat relied on, then it would be prudent that the data is correct. Should SEDO not have any reliance on this information then they should remove it, until such times as the GREED of URLTRENDS is brought into line.

This profiteering at the expense of customers whom are already paying commission to sedo for a sale, should not have to pay third partys for updating data which is wrong in the first Instance.

Come on SEDO, take action.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello all,

The “Analyze This Domain” statistics are provided to Sedo by URLTrends.com and are available through the domain offer pages. The statistics are updated on a monthly basis and provided to our members as a free information feed. In most cases the monthly update is more than adequate.

Sedo does not necessarily promote any type of paid service from URLTrends, however the option is available.

Namestrands ~ If you would like to PM the domain you are referring to we can take a look into the specific issues you noted. Also, I have forwarded your feedback over to our Product Management Team.

Regards,

~ Lisa

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lisa, My issue is that it seems unfair that customers are requested to pay for a service, that not only benefits the seller, and sedo; as correct information can mean the difference of a $100 sale or a $100,000 sale.

If the buyer is looking and seeing that the information is more than 2 years old, then surely that benefits, no one as ultimately the offers are awful and therefore the domain does not sell.

I think if would be prudent that buyers are told not to rely on the information provided by URLTrends as it could be wrond.. Better yet get rid of the thing.. It serves no real use or purpose.

Even the One Month updates, which I have no faith in, as mine said last updated 2007; a month update could mean the difference between a PR1 and a PR6.

The selling of domains are about momentum, and once you start putting negative information that is incorrect, you ultimately lose.

I feel it is of no benefit to either the buyer or seller, or no real benefit to sedo. Therefore a vote of no confidence has to be issued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom