Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.us .info & .biz 2-year registrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

lux

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would register a whole lot more .us, .info, and maybe .biz if I didn't have to pay for 2 years in advance. I think, "hey, I could use that money on two semi-cool drops that could turn me a quick sale NOW, when I might have to wait 3 years or more for .us to turn me a profit!"

Why the 2-year policy? Will it ever drop to 1?

I know this is nothing compared to plunking down $70 for 2 years with NetSol a few years back. But I'm not rolling in the dough like a lot of you. :laugh: :D

Please excuse my incoherent rambling, it's past my bedtime. ;)

gourd the girl,
Cynthia

Gumby

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
*scratches head* I have been registering them for 1 year, not 2, with godaddy...

lux

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that info, Steve! The 1 year .us ag GoDaddy is a great deal at $6.95

However, .info and .biz are $14.95 for 1 year.

I could get a 2-year registration on .info and .biz for only $15.98

So either way, with .info and .biz, I'm paying the cost of 2 years registration.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can register .us just about anywhere for 1 year. They changed the rules several weeks back. I would like to see .info and .biz follow suit. They better do it soon, .US is outstripping them in regs lately. In the last 24 hours more .US were registered than .info and .biz combined (and the number was three times greater than either info or biz).

M

mole

.info and .biz needs at least 2 years to mature to saleable orange papayas.

To sell earlier as a speculative motive is stupid, imo. but shhh... don't tell the rest of the world.

If you need instant cash, just spend hundreds of hours and hope looking for a .com name that might fetch you some profit that will pay for that BigMac lunch, while the world increasingly looks in a different direction.

When everyone moves in one direction, move the other direction. Unless of course, you like cult phylosophy. :D

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
You can register .us just about anywhere for 1 year. They changed the rules several weeks back. I would like to see .info and .biz follow suit. They better do it soon, .US is outstripping them in regs lately. In the last 24 hours more .US were registered than .info and .biz combined (and the number was three times greater than either info or biz).

http://www.whois.sc/internet-statistics/

I think the word is getting around !

M

mole

Well, the hype may be getting around to excite the adrenaline glands of impulsive speculators, but it's still a cctld though :D The internet is a geographic neutral medium, and cctlds only serve to reflect inward centricity.

com.cn is launching in December to hopefully capture the world's biggest emerging economy, but frankly I'll stick to stellar .info and .biz extensions. For only one reason, gTLDs have loads greater flexibility and potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom